GRE PSR-120 Pre-Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
As reported by MtnBiker2005 at the CES 2012 show.

Release date: Not yet known, but the PSR-900 may be released 2nd Quarter 2012.

Looks to be similar at a glance to the Uniden BC125AT

Feature Set: Unknown
"It's a 0-9 BANK Scanner"
It is an analog radio with 800MHz band coverage.

Let the speculation begin! :D

safetyobc

Looks very interesting. It appears to be fairly small. If the price is right, I may have to take a stab at this one. I like the looks of the BC125AT too though.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
they should have least made it motorola trunking.. but i guess that would make it basically a psr-300..
does the trunking drive up the price a lot?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
they should have least made it motorola trunking.. but i guess that would make it basically a psr-300..
does the trunking drive up the price a lot?

It's a conventional scanner...not designed or intended to be a trunking scanner, same as Uniden's new BC125AT. If they made it "at least" do Motorola trunking, then why not make it "at least" do EDACS, and why stop there? Pretty soon you'll have an analog trunking scanner costing $50 more than the intended target price. Oh wait, then it would be a PSR-310 (the PSR-300 was discontinued a year ago).

I really can never understand how some of you don't understand that there are different markets for different models. Not everyone wants or needs trunking, nor do they want to spend the additional $50 for a feature they will never use.

scannersnstuff

well we're off to a promising start. gre's response was "hi, sorry we don't have any information on this scanner at this time". you mean you release a spec.sheet at the electronics show, but you can't at least say how many channel's it is, or what range it cover's ?. well at least it was a half A$$ reply, unlike their competitors no reply. coke or pepsi ?. so friggin' stupid.

scannersnstuff

no alpha tagging ?

although alpha tagging is a plus, believe it or not, if the gre beat's the bc125at in other spec's, fm broadcast/800 mhz./step size's etc. i'd consider buying one instead of the bc125at. i don't usually bother with text tag's anyone. i pretty much know most of my frequencies. if i can't i.d. the frequency, i can pretty much can go off of the convesation, regarding who i'm listening too.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Yep, bare bones. No alpha tags this time. Then again, you could just get a 310. It must be priced at about $99.

captaincab

monitoring delco pa with gre psr300 pro2053 and b
for me the non trunking aspect is fine because i mainly monitor non trunked systems all analog however the non alpha tagging is a big plus for me i was old school too knew the frequencies by sight however once i got my gre psr300 and fell in love with the alpha tagging i won't buy another scanner without it so unless they add alpha tagging looks like ill be buying the new uniden instead.

scannersnstuff

the only thing that i'm firm on, is that it has to cover mil-air. i gave up 2 bc346xt's because they didn't cover it. otherwise that would be a pretty darn good scanner for the price. feature loaded.

SCPD

QRT
how about a non trunking, alpha tagging, object oriented, full keypad with bigger lcd and hold about 2500 objects, with rechargeable battery, and a base docking station with built in speaker and a external antenna connection, with ac power to recharge while docked??????? I'd buy 2!
(and through in digital if not to difficult)

Last edited:

scannersnstuff

don't forget. it's just a bare bone's,basic scanner. with a targeted base of buyer's. my guess, is that it was designed maybe as an answer to uniden's bct125at. if you want those feature's, it would be out of the targeted price range. maybe somewhere down the road ?.

Status
Not open for further replies.