Gre/rs/whistler scanners in Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
Judging by the fact that gre/RadioShack and whistler scanners don't do pro-voice systems, and the fact that at least brevard co and volusia county are still on edacs, I'm going to guess that there are not many gre/RadioShack and whistler scanners in operation in Florida. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing there aren't many.

I was considering getting a whistler trx-2, but realized it won't work for at least brevard co and maybe even volusia county. I wanted to be able to listen to my beloved brevard county while on vacation from va, but the trx won't do it. Looks like I'll be buying another uniden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I'm running a GRE PSR-800 with firmware for DMR support. I will say it does very well on most systems with the exception of Harris' flavor of LSM. So even though you might say now that Volusia for example is switching from EDACS to P25, be warned because I believe Harris has that contract and the GRE / Whistler just doesn't handle it on my opinion. I don't have any complaints with Motorola systems. While others have experienced issues, I get everything including Phase II pretty damn good. Same thing with EDACS...no issues in Indian River, Brevard, Flagler, etc. But as you mentioned, I can receive Fire in Flagler but not the SO due to lack of Provoice support. So my long winded response is it's a give and take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.