Grecom OSR500 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmvivaldi

Premium Subscriber
I purchased this scanner PSR500 for my father in law, and I am trying to program the thing. I have downloaded a PSR500 edit software (30 day trial) and I ahve joined radioreference.com. I think I have downloaded the needed frequencies for to parishs in Louisiana, but I can get my laptop to read the scanner. Can anyone provide assistance. Jose in Richmond Virginia.

Last edited:

robschonk

I've got a PSR-800, so I can't help, but you might find your answer on the GRE forum. Also check Radio Shack, since the PSR-500 is essentially a Pro-106

jmvivaldi

Premium Subscriber
Psr500

Mike,
Thank you for the reply, I am going to dry to update the drivers. If that is successful, is the PSREdit500 software supposed to load the fequencies onto the scanner via the software? I should not have to ener them myself on the scanner itself, right?

tampatracker

Mike,
Thank you for the reply, I am going to dry to update the drivers. If that is successful, is the PSREdit500 software supposed to load the fequencies onto the scanner via the software? I should not have to ener them myself on the scanner itself, right?

Welcome to RadioReference! You are correct, the software will load all your frequencies and trunked systems into the scanner for you directly from the RR database. If you have any further questions/issues that come up feel free to go ahead and ask on these forums, people here are willing to help. Have fun!

mikey60

Mike,

Correct. Once they are imported into the program, that can then be uploaded to the scanner.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.