GRECOM PSR 800

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgowen44

Feed Provider
Hello all,
I have recently acquired a PSR 800. from what I have heard, I need to do some sort of upgrade or need a software package in order to get it programmed. Does anyone know where I could find such a beast? From what I understand, Whistler took over GRE and I may need some sort or transition? Any assistance would be appreciated. NOTE: In my area, we use P25 digital Phase 1

Thanks in advance.

fredva

Feed Provider
You're going to want to get software. The software you would use for the scanner in its current state is iScan. You don't really need the upgrade offered by Whistler if you are only going to listen to analog and P25 Phase 1. If you want to listen to systems using the DMR digital format, then you would need the the Whistler $60 upgrade. After the upgrade, EZScan would be the software.

kgowen44

Feed Provider
You're going to want to get software. The software you would use for the scanner in its current state is iScan. You don't really need the upgrade offered by Whistler if you are only going to listen to analog and P25 Phase 1. If you want to listen to systems using the DMR digital format, then you would need the the Whistler $60 upgrade. After the upgrade, EZScan would be the software.
ok, so all I need is IScan then All I would set it up for would be P25 Phase 1. I guess this scanner is capable of Phase 2 as well, however, my city has not ventured there as of now.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
The upgrade is more than DMR. Overall performance was upgraded, especially on the Pro 18.

kgowen44

Feed Provider
Also, is there a link to IScan? Is it free S/W? No biggie if its cost something but want to be sure Im not missing anything.

tvengr

Well Known Member
You don't really need the upgrade offered by Whistler if you are only going to listen to analog and P25 Phase 1.
It is my understanding that if the firmware version is 1.7 Beta or higher, the PSR-800 is already capable of P25 Phase 2. From the reports I have seen, the Whistler Legacy Upgrade results in better performance. The scanner is converted to a Whistler WS1080. You will use the Whistler WS1080/WS1088 EZ Scan software for programming, firmware updates, and database updates. After the upgrade, your scanner will be eligible to be serviced by Whistler. Here is the link about the Phase 2 firmware update: GRE Releases PSR 800 Public Beta To Support P25 Phase II

kgowen44

Feed Provider
ok, I guess ill do the upgrade. I attempted to call their 800 number to no avail. also, I could not find a process to get the device upgraded. Also, is there a link to Iscan? I may try to see how P25 works before sending it in. Its an extra radio so there is no urgency at this time

kruser

Premium Subscriber
ok, I guess ill do the upgrade. I attempted to call their 800 number to no avail. also, I could not find a process to get the device upgraded. Also, is there a link to Iscan? I may try to see how P25 works before sending it in. Its an extra radio so there is no urgency at this time

The PSR 800 uses EZ Scan, not iScan. iScan was for the RadioShack models I think. GRE called it EZ ScanDG Utility Manager.

You should be able to download the last version 1.08 that GRE released from here: GRE America Inc.

For the upgrade to a WS1080, look for Legacy Upgrades or something similar at The Whistler Group
You can sign up and pay for it online but you still need to send the radio to them on your dime.

Status
Not open for further replies.