Hagood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeR1670

When looking at the State 800 Palmetto thing, it says something about "Hagood". Anyone know exactly what this is? I don't think there is such thing as Hagood, SC and it shows it as being under Charleston County.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
It's site 9 of the Palmetto 800 system that covers the central portion of Charleston Co., including the city of Charleston and immediate vicinity. It's apparently in an area known as Hagood. Think the old Johnson Hagood stadium, perhaps?

To the north is Cell 26 Awendaw covering northern Charleston Co. into Georgetown Co.

To the south is Cell 27 Ravenel covering southern Charleston Co. into Colleton Co.

To the northwest is Cell 52 Moncks Corner covering most of Berkeley Co. into northern Charleston Co.

To the west is Cell 12 Summerville covering most of Dorchester Co. and what you'd listen to along I-26 into Charleston Co.

See the map for a better idea.

Brian

marke241

Hagood

The Hagood site is named for the old SCE&G Hagood power plant, which is where the site is located. This is just off I-26 just before the Rutledge Ave exit next to the Ashley River.

CLB

marke241 said:
The Hagood site is named for the old SCE&G Hagood power plant, which is where the site is located. This is just off I-26 just before the Rutledge Ave exit next to the Ashley River.

I wondered where that was. I thought it was on the Yorktown with the CARS equipment.

There's a Hagood Rd in Hanahan. I pass it every day, makes me think of that repeater.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Hence the reference to "Plant Hagood" the security folks at SCE&G used to mention on the daily radio checks.. COOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.