Halton P25 RIDS Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I messed up my HomePatrol the other day and had to redo the Halton P25 system.

Had about 600 RIDS on this system. I do have some RIDS on memory sticks but they are pretty outdated.

I have a fair bit of free time to run the HP and record but for whatever reason I have issues receiving the system from my apartment in Hamilton. There are occasions that I have trouble 'getting' a clear enough signal. I ran the HP overnight until about 8:30 am today and literally had only about 15 hits in 6 hours. The system is way busier than that and I don't have issues with my Motorola radios, the 396T is also better and less deaf than the HP.

I can share RIDS from other systems if anyone wants to trade.

E

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Could be simulcast issues messing with your reception. Can't help on the RID side of things I'm afraid.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Ty Chris.

Air 11 sent me a file.

I still don't get this system, my HP1 is deaf on it. I know that it misses calls, my XTS radio you programmed for me back in the day picks them up, the 396T is slightly less deaf.

slicerwizard

Uniden's are deaf. It's how Uniden dealt with cell sites swamping the cheap front ends on their scanners. A tapped 246T (made before Uniden deafened their DMA scanners) can hear far more digital traffic than a 396T...

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I'm starting to feel left out and way out of touch with just the HP1 and 396T. I see good deals from time to time on various sites for sale.

If I can spare $ I'd like to upgrade

VA3SOM

Premium Subscriber
Makes me wish i had been saving RID's for the Halton System, if you do upgrade the TRX is not a bad scanner for this area.

Muxlow

Super Secret
I had a TRX and got rid of it quick.. didn't like the setup. RX and audio was WAY better than Uniden. Had the 436/536.. 436 is my vehicle radio and ditched the portable as I didnt like it much either.

Best Uniden portable I've had would be the 325P2. Very small.. good rx, good audio. Wish i didnt sell that nice little thing.
Now I run the SDS and.. meh. I'd rather the 325 really..

Status
Not open for further replies.