Ham radio vs. Medical Equipment and HOA

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
ARRL response:
"It also became apparent that there is no actual evidence connecting the amateur’s transmissions to operation of the insulin pump."

Firekite

ARRL response:
"It also became apparent that there is no actual evidence connecting the amateur’s transmissions to operation of the insulin pump."
Of course not. But if that one web post written in the third person is the extent to which the ARRL is involved, that would be disappointing unless the ham asked them to stay out of it for some reason.

If nothing else Hare could write a statement in his own voice instead of couching it as a news story in which he’s the only participant. But they really could at least put out what they believe to be the facts, why they believe it’s unreasonable to conclude the ham could have possibly had anything to do with it, and what steps they’re taking in response.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
...ARRL Laboratory Manager Ed Hare, W1RFI. “The story is lacking any details or timeline, so I contacted the radio amateur involved for information, and volunteered ARRL’s assistance.
I think Mr. Hare wrote what he could write at this time. Since Mr. Hare contacted the ham involved as a representative of the ARRL, he isn't going to write something in the first person.

Also, I think this is a fluid situation and there may be lawyers involved. Lawyers don't like it when you publicly discuss ongoing litigation.

kb4mdz

Also, I think this is a fluid situation and there may be lawyers involved. Lawyers don't like it when you publicly discuss ongoing litigation.

Addendum: Lawyers like to control the narrative to THEIR OWN liking. You can't swing a dead cat in this country without hitting a lawyer who's frantically trying to control the narrative of their case. Just because someone else's lawyer doesn't like you publicly discussing ongoing litigation doesn't mean that lawyer is completely in the right.

bharvey2

I think Mr. Hare wrote what he could write at this time. Since Mr. Hare contacted the ham involved as a representative of the ARRL, he isn't going to write something in the first person.

I figured there'd be lawyers involved too as it says its been going on for two years or so. That she was commenting in a social media forum like Youtube was what I would expect her lawyer to tell her NOT to do. - Hence, the main reason I stated above that it may not be real.

I was glad to hear that the ham operator offered to do aid in actual testing. If I were in his shoes, I think I'd continue to offer this. Also, I'd like to know what information the ARRL had to comment on. Hopefully it was more than the sparsely detailed news clips that have been referred to in this thread.

Reminds me of my CB. days. A lady said my cb was the cause of her AM radio interfere. So we made arrangements to come by when the interfere started, she listened to KNX 1070 in LA. Cal.
Well the noise started and I was standing in the same room she was in. So I could not be the noise source. We finally figured it was her electric blanket interfering on the AM band.
But she insisted it was now my simple 1/4 wave antenna making the noise. I just walked away shacking my head.

DW
So. Cal.

Status
Not open for further replies.