Ham Strike Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

nd5y

Last edited:

prcguy

They need it so they can actually use radios without having ham volunteers around, which are not always available.

But I kind of hope its for meat, especially BBQ pork. Umm ummm, BBQ pork shoo am good!

Check out the eligibility statement on this new license.
90.20a - DALLAS COUNTY HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES (DCHHS) MEDICAL RESERVE CORPS (MRC) IS DEVELOPING A HAM STRIKE TEAM....
It doesn't say if it's for amateur radio or meat.
If it's ham radio then why do they need a public safety license?

bharvey2

Eligibility
90.20a - DALLAS COUNTY HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES (DCHHS) MEDICAL RESERVE CORPS (MRC) IS DEVELOPING A HAM STRIKE TEAM TO ASSIST WITH COMMUNICATIONS AT POINTS OF DISPENSING (PODS), URBAN SEARCH AND RESCUE (USAR), AND/OR COMMUNICATION AUGMENTATION SUPPORT FOR POLICE, F

I wonder of the local police know they're getting "support"

bharvey2

I'll be you a shiny new Baofeng that this will all be either Baofengs or 'MARS/CAP' modded ham radios...

The local police/fire might be happier with the edible kind of ham.

I have a feeling that you're right. However, I have all of the Baofengs I want thanks, shiny, new or otherwise.

I don't get the reason for even mentioning hams in the eligibility section. The County HHS should be able to apply all on their own for what is likely a valid purpose. No hams needed. In fact, mentioning hams seems like it might invite greater scrutiny by the FCC and show the application for what it appears to be: a way for a few "tactical" ham wannabes trying to play outside their lane.

tweiss3

Is it time for Coffee?
Premium Subscriber
I have a feeling that you're right. However, I have all of the Baofengs I want thanks, shiny, new or otherwise.

I don't get the reason for even mentioning hams in the eligibility section. The County HHS should be able to apply all on their own for what is likely a valid purpose. No hams needed. In fact, mentioning hams seems like it might invite greater scrutiny by the FCC and show the application for what it appears to be: a way for a few "tactical" ham wannabes trying to play outside their lane.
Agreed. If anyone was going to bust the CAP/MARS mod crowd, this would be one of the first places to look.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø

Yeah, it doesn't make sense to add that. "Ham strike team" brings up images that they probably didn't intend.
But, hey, if it gets the job done, then it's nice they are using a properly coordinated/licensed frequency pair, rather than GMRS or worse.

kv5e

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
Deployable mobile relay with 20 portables for the Medical Reserve Corps. 4w on portables, 50 watts EIRP max on MR.

11k3F3E only emission type authorized.

HavenBTS

Banned by a Super Duper Moderator
Banned
It sounds like someone at ARRL has been playing at a developing a comic book EMCOMM super-hero... 'Two Meter Man and his trusty sidekick, Gigahertz Boy!'
Two Meter Man

Can you guess who that really is?glitters2.pngglitters2.png

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
I do hope they have an appropriately equipped Emergency Deployment Command Vehicle to go with those helmets

LOL. But in spite of all the ... communications-related equipment ... the first thing I thought when I saw that picture was, "What's with the stepladder??"

Status
Not open for further replies.