Hamsexy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_gain

I don't think he's a ham at all. I bet their is a "Dave Lied" amp in the back and he's headin to compete in the bowel on ch.6.

tunnelmot

Premium Subscriber
Mike gain is probably correct, lots of those in his neck o' the woods.

Yeah, he looks like one of those "cb shootout guys". They favor the Suburbans and full size vans (evidently for their ability to carry oversized room-sized amplifiers).

Seriously, look it up on you tube. Those guys run like 6 or more alternators, insane 500lb amps, those cats are crazy. You have to see it or you won't believe it.

Probably the same guys you can hear almost anywhere in the lower 48 overmodulating "auuuuuuudiooo" into their mics for like 9 hrs a day on ch. 6 -the super bowl.

Pinnacle of cb greatness.

Rich

tunnelmot

Premium Subscriber
Just you tube "Big Radios" by 597 junkie, or search "keydown" and it'll all be summed up.

Or, go pick up a WalMart $39.99 chicken band rig anywhere in the world, tune to ch. 6 and you'll prob hear that guy blowin' his neighbors TV up.

You wouldn't believe the hours of entertainment those guys have provided me in the past. You can almost see their house lights dim as they key up.

Not my cup of tea...but another facet of this melting pot of a hobby we call "radio".

Rich

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I shudder when I see things like this. Some people have no shame. I don't have any objection to a serious contester/rover outfitting a vehicle for their favorite contest. But if I were them I'd avoid the public altogether.

What's worse is that he feels the need to try to pimp/trick out his ride, as if all of the honeys are going to tango in the back with him while he waits for band conditions to improve.

Mike

PS: Sorta reminds me of the "family truckster"

Last edited:
K

kb0nly

Can't see how the yagi inbetween helps any, way too small for 27Mhz... Might be closer to VHF in size. Maybe its a dualband CB.... LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.