Hearing Wal Mart frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayAir

Wal Mart by me uses 151.625 for management/supervisor communications.

I would search these frequencies :
151-152MHz
154.515MHz-154.600 MHz
461-470MHz

More than likely it is a "dot" frequency:
Systems - "Dot" Frequencies

altec

Whats so interesting about wal-mart communications anyways? You have to be close by to hear anything and if you walk in the store seen with a scanner don't be surprised on cameras and strange customers (shoplifter surveillance) with a few items in basket to keep bumping into you. I guess if it pops your nuts go for it. Around my area they use 154.540.

If you are around store employees you don't even need a scanner to listen in with their radio going full blast like usual. Plus they announce on the intercom special codes to alert security to potential problems.
Something general like "Spill on aisle 11 or Code Adam in the toys dept".

Also I heard some walmarts aren't monitorable with a scanner. Not sure of the details. Maybe someone else on here might know. Anyways have fun monitoring wal-mart. Shouldn't be too hard to find the frequencies, Altec.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
The type of radios and frequencies varies from region to region. In my area (South Florida), they all seem to use either 154.570 or 154.600. As you have seen from the other replies, other frequencies are also in use.

altec

Interesting stuff in wal-mart? You can find a whole bunch of other interesting conversations searching the business frequencies that use repeaters. Forget about hiding in the bushes or sitting in the stores toilet trying to eavesdrop on businesses you have to be in the vincity of to hear their conversations. Some business repeater frequencies are hilarious. Lots of cussing and stuff.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Interesting stuff in wal-mart? You can find a whole bunch of other interesting conversations searching the business frequencies that use repeaters. Forget about hiding in the bushes or sitting in the stores toilet trying to eavesdrop on businesses you have to be in the vincity of to hear their conversations. Some business repeater frequencies are hilarious. Lots of cussing and stuff.

I just guess that some people are interested in hearing of toilet clogs and spills over the wal-mart radios
My personal fav of wal-mart radios is the way that the employees carry them as if they think there sh*t let it blast out loud and hang it from there ass crack.....hahahah
Then some higher up people think there very cool and get a speaker mic for their XTN and "patrol" the wal-mart store.

Last edited:

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
our walmart at Emporia KS all has the newer high tech radios now with the low profile head sets with mic. not all employees get radios. which ones get radios?

trace1

What frequencies would I need to search to listen to the Wal Mart employee radios?

Well as you can see Wal-Mart may use several different frequencies depending upon location. Some may even use the FRS/GMRS, so don't forget to search there too.

Have you noticed what type of radios are being carried by the associates at the store(s) you're interested in? That might be the first clue into where to begin your searching.

And again, as it has already been pointed out, you're going to have to be in pretty close vicinity to pick up anything, the radios used by Wal-Mart are usually going to be no more than a 2 watt handheld.

Then some higher up people think there very cool and get a speaker mic for their XTN and "patrol" the wal-mart store.

Yep, I knew one of those types when I was an Assistant Manager with Wal-Mart many, many years ago. It was another Assistant Manager and he really thought he was something with his two-way radio with speaker mic!

Whats so interesting about wal-mart communications anyways?

Maybe they're a Wal-Mart associate that doesn't have a radio and they want to know who is talking about them and what they are saying... ;)

not all employees get radios. which ones get radios?

It would usually be something like this, Store Manager, Co-Manager, all Assistant Managers, Telephone Operator, Customer Service Manager, Maintenance (clean up on aisle 6), Cart Pushers (buggy patrol) and maybe a few more key people.

midnightcaller

Premium Subscriber
Whats so interesting about wal-mart communications anyways? You have to be close by to hear anything and if you walk in the store seen with a scanner don't be surprised on cameras and strange customers (shoplifter surveillance) with a few items in basket to keep bumping into you. I guess if it pops your nuts go for it. Around my area they use 154.540.

Not really I live about a mile or 2 from a wallmart and I can pick them up, also I have walked into wallmart and target with my scanner and never had a promblem

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
not all employees get radios. which ones get radios?

Not everyone at WalMart seems to have a radio, but at Target, every employee seems to have one, and there's much more radio traffic.

And for the many people who ask, "what's so interesting about WalMart communications", the answer is it isn't terribly interesting, sometimes the fact that you have "found" their channel is as interesting as the content of the conversation. Remember, many fishermen throw back everything they catch. Yet they still fish. :D

RedPenguin

Yes....

I just guess that some people are interested in hearing of toilet clogs and spills over the wal-mart radios
My personal fav of wal-mart radios is the way that the employees carry them as if they think there sh*t let it blast out loud and hang it from there ass crack.....hahahah

I agree defiantly with the last part because I see this all the time.

I love this one "manager" (I assume because he had a dark blue shirt on), he was bending down behind a display in the middle of the isle staring in at the shoe isle for at least 2 minutes, then he looked at me because I was looking at him, like "WTF are you doing?" LoL.

Before that, he started to use his finger to tell all kinds of employees to come over to him like he was playing a huge operation in Wal-Mart and kept talking to a guy with a white shirt on but also ear piece and radio.

Those two guys literally acted like they were doing a full investigation or something. LoL.

Now that I think of it, maybe the guys are loss prevention, if so, they sure as heck, take their work seriously, and I mean seriously. :p.

Maybe the guy in the blue shirt listened to the "Secret Agent Man" a tad too much.

Last edited:

NOZHW

catch em in the act

Not everyone at WalMart seems to have a radio, but at Target, every employee seems to have one, and there's much more radio traffic.

And for the many people who ask, "what's so interesting about WalMart communications", the answer is it isn't terribly interesting, sometimes the fact that you have "found" their channel is as interesting as the content of the conversation. Remember, many fishermen throw back everything they catch. Yet they still fish. :D

I like to listen the wally world and Target just to indirectly catch them talking about customers. I remember one time my wife tried on what I consider a real ugly dress that didn't fit right. I happened to be listening to their radios that day, but I was in the toy dept with my son and didn't see the dress until later when my wife brought it over to show me. I heard someone say on the radio "man you should see the way this ugly dress looks on this lady".....it sounded like stereo and I turned around and the person on the radio was talking to an employee that was standing right behind me in the toy dept. When I turned around he looked at me and we made eye contact. Then a minute later the girl on the radio showed up and they were talking about it face to face. When my wife showed up in the toy dept with the dress you should have seen their two faces turn white when the one that had been there with me realized I heard the whole thing......lmao

kb8otp

Premium Subscriber
Remeber if the Wal-Mart you are listening to is on 154.570 or 154.600 they are in the MURS freqency range and it is legal to get a MURS radio and talk on that freqency also. No license required. So Wal-Mart can not stop you from talking to them. I take mine to Wal-Mart all the time. Great way to get help is to say "Customer needs assistance in (Departmet)" Usally they will page an associate to that department over the intercom.

trace1

Remeber if the Wal-Mart you are listening to is on 154.570 or 154.600 they are in the MURS freqency range and it is legal to get a MURS radio and talk on that freqency also. No license required. So Wal-Mart can not stop you from talking to them.

Just be sure not to maliciously interfere with Wal-Mart's transmissions and yes, you should be able to legally talk to them. But how much do you want to bet that they, Wal-Mart, would say that you willfully and maliciously interfered with them by saying "Customer needs assistance in (Departmet)"? While it might get you the help you desire from the Wal-Mart associates, it might also get you some attention from another group of people you'd rather not have especially if you happen to already hold an FCC license in another service... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.