Hearing Wal Mart frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel_Boone

Banned due to duplicate accounts
Banned
In Pennsylvania 154 - 157 MHZ is still reserved for the police.

So they would not be welcome on those frequencies.

UHF would work better inside of a cement block building anyways - since smaller wavelengths penetrates walls better.

hockeyshrink

pesky facts

In Pennsylvania 154 - 157 MHZ is still reserved for the police.

So they would not be welcome on those frequencies.

UHF would work better inside of a cement block building anyways - since smaller wavelengths penetrates walls better.

Daniel_Boone, much of the discussion here has concerned 154.570 MHz and 154.600 MHz, which along with 151.820 MHz, 151.880 MHz, and 151.940 MHz are administered as the Multi-Use Radio Service, or "MURS." WalMart or anyone else can share them and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania has nothing to do with it.

FCC: Wireless Services: Multi-Use Radio Service (MURS): MURS Home

Bob_61

Whats so interesting about wal-mart communications anyways? You have to be close by to hear anything and if you walk in the store seen with a scanner don't be surprised on cameras and strange customers (shoplifter surveillance) with a few items in basket to keep bumping into you. I guess if it pops your nuts go for it. Around my area they use 154.540.

If you are around store employees you don't even need a scanner to listen in with their radio going full blast like usual. Plus they announce on the intercom special codes to alert security to potential problems.
Something general like "Spill on aisle 11 or Code Adam in the toys dept".

Also I heard some walmarts aren't monitorable with a scanner. Not sure of the details. Maybe someone else on here might know. Anyways have fun monitoring wal-mart. Shouldn't be too hard to find the frequencies, Altec.

I walk in with my scanner on my belt in full view of everyone in Wal-mart ,Target, Home Depot or any other store here in Enfield,Ct area and no one has bump into me! I'm a solid 230 lbs they would bounce off me and hit the floor!!!! Anyway I could careless of the of employees in these stores.They are there to help me, as Nixon said I am not a crook! :)

zz0468

QRT
Banned
...UHF would work better inside of a cement block building anyways - since smaller wavelengths penetrates walls better.

You've measured this?

In actual measurements I've made in various types of buildings and walls, I've found that absorption goes up with frequency.

Yequan

If your employees around the store, you do not even need to use a scanner to listen to their radio to full blast as usual research. Plus, they announced the special code on the intercom to alert security risks....

Status
Not open for further replies.