• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Help!!!! Cm 300 at work is driving us crazy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFD790

Hi all. At my Firehouse, we have our Fire Base Radio, and EMS Has there own Base Radio. After they get a call and the radio alerts, it maj es a sound that o can best describe as " BBBGGGRRRUHHHHGGGG" And it is about to drive me and my guys insane!! Can anyone tell me what this is so we can get it fixed??

Thanks, Michael

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
If it does it again, try turning down the volume and see if it goes away. If it does it's probably a microphonic radio, kind of an audio feedback from the speaker to the board. CMs are pretty bullet proof and I've yet to see one do this, but they do have crazy loud audio for a small dash mount.

Avery93

Premium Subscriber
It sounds like it could be a digital station on the same frequency EMS uses for paging. Does the noise sound something like this MotoTRBO sample, or this P25 sample? If so, that is probably the case. The reason you would only hear it after the radio alerts is because under certain circumstances, the radio enters monitor mode after receiving a page. If EMS uses PL/DPL, and their radio alerts for pages but still hears other traffic on their channel (signalling squelch is set to "Or"), then the radio will enter monitor mode after receiving a page.

The easiest way to stop it is to decrease the Auto Reset Timer to 1 (the minimum), and set the Auto Reset Type to "Auto w/o Carrier Override". Although if they have a paging only channel (with signalling squelch set to "And"), doing this will of course screw that up and they will no longer hear voice traffic after the radio alerts on that channel. Another option would be to disable page decoding altogether. All of this must be done using the programming software.

In the mean time, if this is indeed what's happening, the only thing you can do is go to the radio and press the monitor button (if programmed), or change to a different channel then back again after the radio alerts. Either of these will reset the muting conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.