HELP! Newbie In This Scanner Stuff, No Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr9ball

I registered today, just have the PC and my login credentials. How the heck do I actually get sound from a feed? I have selected Web Player, clicked the speaker icon, but get nothing. I am using XP and running Firefox as a browser. thanks

If I posted in the wrong place, excuse me.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I use WINAMP to listen to 'everything'. Can you listen to an MP3 file with your application, such as WINAMP? Then you should be hearing a stream from RR with the same program.

richtidd

Database Admin
I registered today, just have the PC and my login credentials. How the heck do I actually get sound from a feed? I have selected Web Player, clicked the speaker icon, but get nothing. I am using XP and running Firefox as a browser. thanks

If I posted in the wrong place, excuse me.

Listening to feeds is easy.

Go to a county where the feed you want to listen to is located.

On the right side, you will see Player Selection.
Here you choose the player you want to listen with.
Then click on the speaker icon on the far left.

If the feed shows green, it is on line.
If the feed shows red, it is offline & you cannot listen to it.

mr9ball

I use WINAMP to listen to 'everything'. Can you listen to an MP3 file with your application, such as WINAMP? Then you should be hearing a stream from RR with the same program.

Winamp was my savior. That "Web Player" should be replaced by default with Winamp. Thanks.

zpdx

Feed Provider
Make sure
(1) firefox isn't blocking pop-ups -- when you click the speaker icon with web player selected, a new window should open containing the audio player
(2) you have the flash plugin installed in firefox -- in the web player pop-up you should see the player app that looks like the top half of the image below. If you can view and hear youtube videos from within firefox, you should be able to view and hear the web player flash app

Attachments

• ephonic_mp3_player.jpg
    ephonic_mp3_player.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 474
Status
Not open for further replies.