Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctrabs74

Evesham Township (aka Marlton) Police operates on the Burlington County TRS. You will need a digital scanner to monitor that system. The best site to monitor Evesham Twp is the West Region freqs, as that's which site Evesham (22xx units) and Medford Lakes Borough (37xx) are dispatched off of for PD. Medford Twp (25xx) is self-dispatched on their own TG on the same site.

elk2370bruce

When you click on that site, it brings you directly to the database for Burlington County here on RR.Com. Why spend fifteen minutes re-writing frequencies and talk groups for you when it is already there and correct for you to view directly. Just click and go. What's so hard about that?

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
GOOD GRIEF CHARLIE BROWN!

DEC HEX Mode Description
16112 3ef D Countywide Information (Patch to Police P-5)
16144 3f1 D Ch. 6
16816 41b D Patch to P-1 (500.7875)
16848 41d D North Central P3 (Patch to Police P-3)
16880 41f D North Central P9
16976 425 D North Central Inter-Agency Coordination (IAC)
17040 429 D North Central Tactical
17520 447 D Patch to P-7 (500.9625)
18096 46b D Patch to P-4 (Bordentown zone only)
18128 46d D Bordertown Twp. Police Dispatch
18672 48f D P-2 Southwest
19376 4bb D Patch to P-8 (500.8625)

DJ88

You seem a bit confused, so I will try, and I say try, to help, and keep it as brief as possible.

Burlington County police departments operate on the Burlington County Trunk System. A trunk system is made up of a number of frequencies. Agencies (PDs, FDs, EMS Squads, etc) that operate on a trunk system do not use any specific frequencies. If the dispatcher wants to communicate with a police unit in the field, he keys up his radio and the control channel in the system assigns him a frequency to use, one that is not being used by anyone else in the system at that time. He then communicates on that frequency via the assigned "dispatch" talk group for that agency. When the unit in the field wants to respond he keys up his radio and the control channel chooses an open or unused frequency for him to use, and he communicates via the same talk group. The frequency may be different from the one the dispatcher used. During the course of a conversation, a number of different frequencies may be used.

In order for you to monitor Evsham PD, you need to go to the link that is provided in the post above by elk2370bruce and scroll up to "System Frequencies" and program the frequencies for Site 4 - West (Medford). You will also need to program the information from the Custom Frequency Table at the top of the page, Base Frequency, Offset Channel and Spacing. There are three listed and if you just want to monitor the West Site for Evsham Twp., I don't know if you need to program all three or just one of them. Maybe someone can clear this up. On a Uniden Scanner you would program it as Motorola Type 2 UHF System. I don't know about Radio Shack or other scanners. You will need to program Talk Group 19376 (thanks to skypilot007 for that info), in order to hear Evsham PD. Just a note about talk groups, and this applies to all scanners, if you see "DEC" and "HEX" talk groups listed, you only program the "DEC" talk groups. The "HEX" are for Motorola radios.

The system is a DIGITAL system, so, as was mentioned above, you will need a DIGITAL scanner in order to monitor it. If you don't have one, you're out of luck.

Also, if you've never progrmmed a trunk system before, my only suggestion is to read the manual for your scanner or get someone to help you.

Last edited:

elk2370bruce

Invest in the programming software and the interface cable and you'll be a lot happier. Please Read, Learn, and begin to write out your questions clearly so we can help you. While English language use is not graded here, it does make it easier for us to help you along if we understand what you mean. Hey, everyone had to start at one time or another. Welcome to the happy band of frequency wanderers!

Last edited:

steve_eg

I get the impression that he's wanting to know what TG each of the agencies operate on.

Eagles34x, try googling "Burlington Co TRS", "Burlington Co Talkgroups" or "Burlington County Scanner."

Steve

Last edited:

elk2370bruce

Why bother googling? We posted the Burlington County data site. All he had to do was click on it and all the answers, including TG identifiers, are all posted and ready for the reading. Can't make it simpler than that. One click service with a smile.

steve_eg

elk2370bruce said:
Why bother googling? We posted the Burlington County data site. All he had to do was click on it and all the answers, including TG identifiers, are all posted and ready for the reading. Can't make it simpler than that. One click service with a smile.

By Googling, he might learn something-I travel to NJ a lot with my job, and take my scanner with me. When I first started going out there (Pre-Burlco TRS), I didn't know which agencies operated on P1, P2, etc.. All I knew was that Burlington County dispatched for a LOT of the agencies. I Googled until I found the information that I was looking for. Google can be your friend.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.