Help Using This Site Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GIAMY621

Hi,

I'm just trying to listen to WNMN452 Freq 155.79000 and i don't understand how this site works... Can anyone please help me?

Thanks,
Amy

ST-Bob

Premium Subscriber
This site has only those feeds which local scanner owners provide. It's not a substitute for a scanner radio. There may not be a live feed for the system you want to hear, but then again - there just might be.

Go to the Live Audio section and drill down to your state and county, looking for the system you're trying to hear. If it's not there, there's nothing you can do other than go buy a scanner. Radio Reference does not solicit feeds nor provide them directly. It's totally up to users to provide feeds.

You might try your state's forum area and ask if someone has or can put up the feed in question.

CoolCat

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

I'm just trying to listen to WNMN452 Freq 155.79000 and i don't understand how this site works... Can anyone please help me?

Thanks,
Amy

Hi Amy,
This site is primarily a database/listing of frequencies to aid in programming a physical scanner.

As for live audio feeds, as Bob mentioned above they are provided by individual scanner owners. Only a fraction of what is listed in the RR database is available as a live audio feed.

There is no dedicated feed for Branchburg Township, NJ; but it may be part of one or more "general area" feeds such as Somerset County, central NJ, etc. (if it is a public safety agency). If it is not public safety, such as a public works dept, then it will not be part of any live feed. If this is the case, or you want to listen to only that frequency itself, then you will have to monitor it on a physical scanner (not online).

Hope this helps :)

N8IAA

Hi,

Thanks,
Amy
Amy, are you trying to listen to a scanner, or a scanner feed for your county? You should be able to find an analog conventional scanner at Radio Shack for under $100 that would pick up that frequency.
HTH,
Larry

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Amy, 200+ NJ audio feeds ar offline due to Irene. If Branchburg Township is one of them could be why.

Status
Not open for further replies.