HELP!!!! VIPER QUESTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cricket8671

Hi to everyone hope everyone is doing good. I have a RadioShack pro 2067. Can i program and listen to the North Carolina viper system?
Or do I need to have a digital scanner to listen to NCSHP viper? Thanks for any information

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hi to everyone hope everyone is doing good. I have a RadioShack pro 2067. Can i program and listen to the North Carolina viper system?
Or do I need to have a digital scanner to listen to NCSHP viper? Thanks for any information
No, the Pro-2067 cannot be used to listen to Viper, nor any other digital transmissions. It's an analog only scanner. For your county, you would be able to monitor the conventional (non-trunked) frequencies listed on it's datbase page, but to hear anything that is only on Viper would require a digital capable scanner.

cricket8671

No, the Pro-2067 cannot be used to listen to Viper, nor any other digital transmissions. It's an analog only scanner. For your county, you would be able to monitor the conventional (non-trunked) frequencies listed on it's datbase page, but to hear anything that is only on Viper would require a digital capable scanner.
Thanks for answering my question .i was afraid that would be the answer .
O well i can listen to everything in my county and most of the surrounding counties except NCSHP . LEAST till i can afford to get digital scanner.
THANK YOU

OpenCarrier

Thanks for answering my question .i was afraid that would be the answer .
O well i can listen to everything in my county and most of the surrounding counties except NCSHP . LEAST till i can afford to get digital scanner.
THANK YOU
Do you have a computer? Laptop? Try two SDR dongles. Will need an extra for the CC. Some can be had WAY cheaper than a digital scanner and found online and are tons of fun and are continuous coverage.

tvengr

Well Known Member
See list of supported scanners here
Due to the 700 MHz frequencies in the Pores Knob, Wilkes County site, the BC296D, BC796D, Pro-96, and Pro-2096 scanners will not be acceptable. Avoid those scanners if anything you want to monitor has 700 MHz frequencies. The BC296/796D scanners will not accept 700 MHz frequencies. The Pro-96/2096 scanners will not trunk track 700 MHz frequencies.

2 (2)071 (47)Pores KnobWilkes, NC771.50625771.93125851.250851.8625852.225852.7625a853.750c

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.