help with city

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Here is the file. The trunked system (OKWIN Chickasha) is on system quick key 1. The conventional system (Grady Co Conv) is on system quick key 2. All of the groups also have quick keys. If you need any help using quick keys, let me know and I will attach a set of instructions. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with FreeSCAN and Upload Programming. Select both systems. If you want to clear the scanner first, highlight Erase All Systems & Settings. Click on Start Upload.

Attachments

• Grady Co OK.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 9

drodgers48

Here is the file. The trunked system (OKWIN Chickasha) is on system quick key 1. The conventional system (Grady Co Conv) is on system quick key 2. All of the groups also have quick keys. If you need any help using quick keys, let me know and I will attach a set of instructions. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with FreeSCAN and Upload Programming. Select both systems. If you want to clear the scanner first, highlight Erase All Systems & Settings. Click on Start Upload.

drodgers48

i have a hard time finding your messages, i dl file and extrated ti but when i try ot open in freescan it says name is not compable with free scan version

tvengr

Well Known Member
I downloaded and extracted the file I attached. It loaded into FreeSCAN without any problems. It should scan both files. You can toggle each system on and off by pressing 1 and 2 on the keypad. Here are the instructions again:

The trunked system (OKWIN Chickasha) is on system quick key 1. The conventional system (Grady Co Conv) is on system quick key 2. All of the groups also have quick keys. If you need any help using quick keys, let me know and I will attach a set of instructions. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with FreeSCAN and, under the Scanner tab, Upload Programming. Select both systems. If you want to clear the scanner first, highlight Erase All Systems & Settings. Click on Start Upload.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I extracted the FreeSCAN .996 programming file by right clicking on it in the Downloads folder of the File Explorer of Windows. Here is a PDF file which will answer all of your questions about using quick keys. You do not need to extract this file:

Attachments

• Uniden Scanner Quick Key Instructions..pdf
    11 KB · Views: 6

drodgers48

tvengr: not sure if i have all of the city police yet but do have a problem, something called mx warning is coming in every now and then with a loud shrill sound that can be heard even with sound down, scare crap out of yuu, its a weather alert i think but can't lock it out and turning off and on doesn't get rid of it but have to hit scan button to get rid of it but it comes back on again, talks about hwo it will alert for bad weather....help how do i get it out of the scanner?

drodgers48

tvengr: not sure if i have all of the city police yet but do have a problem, something called mx warning is coming in every now and then with a loud shrill sound that can be heard even with sound down, scare crap out of yuu, its a weather alert i think but can't lock it out and turning off and on doesn't get rid of it but have to hit scan button to get rid of it but it comes back on again, talks about hwo it will alert for bad weather....help how do i get it out of the scanner?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I think that should be WX warning.

In FreeSCAN, click on the Scanner drop down menu:
1635990513261.png
Select the Setup Scanner options

On the next menu that comes up, click on the WX Alert tab
1635991004538.png
Uncheck that box labeled "Weather Alert Priority". With that checked, the scanner periodically checks (every 4-5 seconds) for the alert tone on any NOAA weather radio station within range. With the box unchecked, that won't occur.

The boxes below that are for the SAME codes, for specific counties. In SAME mode, the scanner is parked on a weather radio channel, listening for alerts on the specific counties you select. The codes in the file are not for your area. Codes for counties in Oklahoma can be found here:

Once you clear that check box, if you reload the file to your scanner, that alert will no longer come up unexpectedly.

drodgers48

thank you for help, do you know why some of the people are coming in sounding over modualted to point of not understanding what they are saying

Status
Not open for further replies.