Here's a map with Palmetto 800 cell info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
>> i also hear those 2 id's (29072/21520) out of Chester. but they are running along I-85. dont see how.

The York County (29072) and Cherokee / Union County (21520) talkgroups are often patched together, with one telecommunicator handling both. Unless your scanner is "masking" the altered TG status bits, the patched talkgroup would read 29075 or 21523 (+3).

Also, you wouldn't see both talkgroups on most scanners when they are patched ... only the first talkgroup entered when the patch is set up in the dispatch console will show. If you are using Trunker or a similar program to read the control channel data, though, I believe it will show both talkgroups and the patching setup.

Cherokee County is the most-northern county along I-85 in South Carolina, and covers about milemarkers 83 through 106. Monitoring the Newport (York Co) site will give you insight into operations and road conditions on both I-77 and I-85.

Jeff Multer

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I think the confusion is because the dispatcher identifies as "Chester," the location of the patrol office that has the dispatch center for Troop 4. I handles dispatching duties for Cherokee, Union, York, etc as well as Chester Co. There used to be a "radio room" in Gaffney, but that was phased out a while ago.

Brian

jclomi

Djj

Hey
Just curious anyone in Columbia area ever monitor DJJ at all and if so does it get much traffic on it
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.