HF ALE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

U2flyer

Hello All, I have recently been introduced to ALE. As I do not have the money to buy a hardware rig I have discovered ALE software. I have been to the HF Link website but discovered that the "PC ALE" software download was hosted on Yahoo forums. Because Yahoo no longer supports forums can anyone provide information as to where to download "PC ALE"? I have a copy of "MultiPSK" and the clock software downloaded but of what I read the "PC ALE" software is far better. I did get a hold of the "MARS ALE" software but in order to get the correct qrg file you have to be a member of MARS. Thank you for any help.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I can't access it from work, but a version of PC-ALE is available on the HFLink website....Mike

U2flyer

Thank you for your input but that link brings me back to the "MultiPSK" software. The PC ALE link goes back to the HF Link website that will redirect back to the dead Yahoo Group for download.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Thank you for your input but that link brings me back to the "MultiPSK" software. The PC ALE link goes back to the HF Link website that will redirect back to the dead Yahoo Group for download.

Hmm...when I click on it it shows me another link to go to the dead Yahoo group, not MultiPSK. But thanks for that site, dlwtrunked - I'll make the correction....Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Some additional information - the HFLink group went to groups.io (and likely has a more up to date version of PC-ALE there)...

and if you are using MultiPSK or Sorcerer, there are some tips on using this software on ALE here...

There's some additional ALE info here...

and finally if you are using a SDRPlay, here's a PDF on how to use SDRUno and MutliPSK. I suspect the instructions would be adaptable to other software too

Mike

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I am sure there are folks that have - join the Utility DXers Forum at groups.io (UDXF) and post there if no one here answers...Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Just for starters you have to listen in USB mode (there are some that use LSB but they aren't too common). How are you connecting your 880 to the computer? What OS are you using (Win7, Win8, Win10, etc.)? Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Since the newer laptops don't have line in/ mic in jacks, you will need to use an USB soundcard device to get the audio to your software. I don't have any experience with these yet, so I'll leave it to someone who has.....Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Another potential source of 880 info is the PL-880 group on groups.io. This is the group that moved from Yahoo when they shut down file sharing and storage. Not a particularly active group, but you might find info there...

Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Be careful with using the mic in. There might be amplification ('boost' on some models) on it. If there is, make sure it's off. Overdriving the input is likely to overload the software, causing garbage decodes or no decodes at all.

If you do have a line in jack, it's much better to use that because it's set at a fixed level.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.