Hillsborough County (EDACS and P25 32D.1E306)

CanesFan95

Oh, interesting. But that seems like an awful lotta money to spend on a whole separate site just for aircraft.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
If it enables the aircraft to receive and transmit better, than it’s worth it. It also just looks like one tower with two repeaters. A drop in the hat compared to the remainder of the system.

frankbreden

Premium Subscriber
If it enables the aircraft to receive and transmit better, than it’s worth it. It also just looks like one tower with two repeaters. A drop in the hat compared to the remainder of the system.

That means SO can go to Tac 1 D and we cannot hear them. SO sounds real crappy on P25.

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
SO sounded a bit rough. All other agencies sounded just fine imo.

Petertherock

I’m not getting anything from HCSO on EDACS or P25…low and behold I just picked up D2 on EDACS. I get Fire on EDACS with no problem. Don’t tell me almost everything is going to be encrypted now?

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
I’m not getting anything from HCSO on EDACS or P25…low and behold I just picked up D2 on EDACS. I get Fire on EDACS with no problem. Don’t tell me almost everything is going to be encrypted now?
Check your equipment. Everything is still on EDACS and D1 thru D5 loud and clear in the past 5 minutes.

ke4crc

Premium Subscriber
Polk County Uses a 700mhz P-25 System on 1 tower in Bartow ONLY for Aircraft the 800 MHz system uses about 10 different towers and the aircraft pings over several towers all at the same time confusing the system SO they created the 700 system so all aircraft would only use 1 tower

If it enables the aircraft to receive and transmit better then it’s worth it. It also just looks like one tower with two repeaters. A drop in the hat compared to the remainder of the system.

Last edited:

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Polk County Uses a 700mhz P-25 System on 1 tower in Bartow ONLY for Aircraft the 800 MHz system uses about 10 different towers and the aircraft pings over several towers all at the same time confusing the system SO they created the 700 system so all aircraft would only use 1 tower

Yes, lots of P25 systems are using aircraft sites.

ke4crc

Premium Subscriber
I was in Brandon this past Tuesday and could Bearly Receive the Eastside P-25 system but the West Side was weak & stronger than the Eastside

zlandmedia

not that florida man
BCD 325 P2 W/ factory duck antenna
That scanner is susceptible to simulcast distortion. You are going to need to either upgrade to the SDS100/SDS200, purchase a Unication G4/G5, or use SDR dongles and SDRTrunk in order to properly monitor the Hillsborough County P25 system.

ke4crc

Premium Subscriber
I just Heard Polk Dispatch one of our Ambulances to a Traffic Accident on I-4 at Alexander st. they were told to select Hillsborough Tac 1
as far as I know, Polk EMS doesn't have an Edacs radio only a P-25 there system must be up and running today

zlandmedia

not that florida man
I just Heard Polk Dispatch one of our Ambulances to a Traffic Accident on I-4 at Alexander st. they were told to select Hillsborough Tac 1
as far as I know, Polk EMS doesn't have an Edacs radio only a P-25 there system must be up and running today
Likely an ISSI/interop channel. Those exist on P25.