HP-2: home patrol

longfeather1

Premium Subscriber
Ijust got a home patrol one and it keeps giving me sd card file error ? I wnet out and bought a new micro sd card put it in and the same mesage came up i have tried it 5 time ?

donc13

Premium Subscriber
Was it new or used when you got it?
If used, did the seller demo the unit so you knew it was working.
How did you format and reinitialize the card?
What file system did you format it.
You MAY have a dirty or broken SD Card holder.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Inserting a new SD Card will not work, it needs to be properly formatted and programmed. You can do that with Sentinel by using the "Clear User Data" command in the HomePatrol menu then updating and writing the database and your Favorites Lists the the SD Card.

If this is beyond your abilities then perhaps it might be best to purchase a pre-programmed SD Card from Scanner Master or another dealer. See SD Card Upgrade for Uniden Database Scanners | Scanner Master

These cards are all set to pop in the radio and work out of the envelope. While I always encourage people to program their HomePatrols themselves, if you do not have a Windows computer or otherwise are not able to do it yourself, then paying someone to create it for you might be a better alternative. You can also see if there is another scanner hobbyist in your area who can help you program your card.

Good luck either way!

longfeather1

Premium Subscriber
Was it new or used when you got it?
If used, did the seller demo the unit so you knew it was working.
How did you format and reinitialize the card?
What file system did you format it.
You MAY have a dirty or broken SD Card holder.
Thanks but i can not get it to work .