Hot Spring County

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattspayde

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering if anyone could help me with getting Hot Spring County programmed into my SDS100. I know that Malvern City is encrypted but I can’t seem to get Sheriff dispatch or any of the fire to work. I loaded all of the county entries through sentinel and also upgraded to DMR through Uniden. I have been scanning in the area for the last several days with not one hit. If anyone has any experience with Hot Spring Co and could help that would be great. Thank you.

wbswetnam

It is entirely possible that the county has reset its radio parameters. I've seen it before. Try resetting the color code for Hot Spring County SO to the * setting. If that doesn't work, I don't know. I live in Russellville and I rarely make it down that way where you live.

mattspayde

Premium Subscriber
It is entirely possible that the county has reset its radio parameters. I've seen it before. Try resetting the color code for Hot Spring County SO to the * setting. If that doesn't work, I don't know. I live in Russellville and I rarely make it down that way where you live.

Thank you. I’ll try that.

slobonmycob

Know-Nothingism
I was wondering if anyone could help me with getting Hot Spring County programmed into my SDS100. I know that Malvern City is encrypted but I can’t seem to get Sheriff dispatch or any of the fire to work. I loaded all of the county entries through sentinel and also upgraded to DMR through Uniden. I have been scanning in the area for the last several days with not one hit. If anyone has any experience with Hot Spring Co and could help that would be great. Thank you.

You may just have to scan all active talk-groups on that site you're trying to listen to. On my 996p2 this is called "ID search" function and you can read the talk group/ site data that way.

Magnetsteve

I just checked all of my info with the info in the database. Nothing has changed. The database is correct.

cgaines78

Myself and @Magnetsteve have plenty of experience here in HSC. There have been no major changes in any system in HSC since early 2019 and he checked database so not sure. If you can save a pdf of the scanner settings I’d be glad to look at it.

mattspayde

Premium Subscriber
Myself and @Magnetsteve have plenty of experience here in HSC. There have been no major changes in any system in HSC since early 2019 and he checked database so not sure. If you can save a pdf of the scanner settings I’d be glad to look at it.
Thank you for that. Just getting back on here. Occasionally I’ll pick up a few minutes in HSC but it’s very rarely. I’ll look into getting my settings so you could maybe look over it. I appreciate it.

jkistner2001

Premium Subscriber
That is really odd as I get everyone, Troop A thur K,HWY Patrol, HSCSD, everything in Hot Springs that is listed on both BCD536HP's, just not Malvern PD...I have both on Tram 411 Scanner antennas..
The reason you are not receiving Malvern PD is that MPD is fulltime encrypted and the 536hp will just continue scanning if it hits on an encrypted channel. My 436hp does the same.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
All your gonna get on Unidens on MPD is a quick blip, see the little enc on the screen, then it goes back to scanning. You can set up a hold and delays so it sits longer, but you will not get any traffic.

dogtowndrums

Feed Provider
Malvern PD encrypting is ridiculous enough, but Bismarck FD and SW? That's a whole new level of ridiculousness, especially when LRFD, MEMS, PCSD, ASP, NLRFD, etc. operate "in the clear". Rescue Randy and Jump Out Jimmy strike again, I suppose. I just hope they're all getting properly thanked for their service. Seriously, though, reminds me of pulling up on a scene for a medial call and seeing the Keo VFD all shirtless and smoking cigarettes, but wearing body armor.

jkistner2001

Premium Subscriber
Malvern PD encrypting is ridiculous enough, but Bismarck FD and SW? That's a whole new level of ridiculousness, especially when LRFD, MEMS, PCSD, ASP, NLRFD, etc. operate "in the clear". Rescue Randy and Jump Out Jimmy strike again, I suppose. I just hope they're all getting properly thanked for their service. Seriously, though, reminds me of pulling up on a scene for a medial call and seeing the Keo VFD all shirtless and smoking cigarettes, but wearing body armor.
Unfortunately that is how it goes with the new radio technology. All of Garland Co. is clear with the exception of the TAC and CID talk groups. I can’t listen to Pike Co. or Clark Co. SO DMR due to encryption.

Status
Not open for further replies.