How to get out of ID search with 346?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mule1075

Feed Provider
ID search should not have anything to do with losing your vhf.Sounds like you accidentally shut of the Quick Key you had assigned to your vhf freqs.Or by any chance is an F flashing in the upper left hand corner? If it is you are holding on your trunked system press the Func key to get out of it.If it is neither of those two things then we will need to dig deeper.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mtnmadman

Premium Subscriber
well yes i got that but i dont think i get the quick keys set up. what i would really like to do is get out of id scan/search altogher. have been man. prog. this scanner, its been a real bear. would love to computer program it, but i have nothing but Macs, and no one seems to have any software for Macs..grrrrrrr

SCPD

QRT

mtnmadman

Premium Subscriber
I love it, but im still in progress of messing with it. last night, i was trying to program a weather channel and some how im stuck in id search.....

mule1075

Feed Provider
I love it, but im still in progress of messing with it. last night, i was trying to program a weather channel and some how im stuck in id search.....
You know all the NOAA weather channels are already in the scanner.Press menu and scroll down to WX Operation and press enter.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
When scanning a trunked system, the scanner is going to show either ID Scan or ID Search, depending on the scan mode for that system. As mentioned above, to switch between ID Scan and ID Search, press F+SCAN while scanning that system. If you do not want it to show either ID Scan or ID Search, you need to turn off the trunked system you are scanning.

kc2kth

well yes i got that but i dont think i get the quick keys set up. what i would really like to do is get out of id scan/search altogher. have been man. prog. this scanner, its been a real bear. would love to computer program it, but i have nothing but Macs, and no one seems to have any software for Macs..grrrrrrr

If you have a copy of Windows you could install under VirtualBox (free hypervisor). That should work, although as I recall you need another - also free - package to get VirtualBox to map the USB ports to the virtual machine. I know, complicated, but that should point you in a possible direction to look at.

SCPD

QRT
Dear Uniden,can you add a 1 button weather on feature for us 436HP and 536HP users,maybe press and hold a button.....Miss that feature

Status
Not open for further replies.