How to install Uniden Sentinel on Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smp928s

Premium Subscriber
WOW works great a big thanks .I can say it works fine with HP-1 I and works fine.

can't wait to play with thursday with scanner.

I'm assuming that you got this to work with your HP-1 by installing the HP-1 version of Sentinel? I have tried this several times and can't get it to work.

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber
How to install Unide Sentinel on Mac.

Parallels is the way to go then just install you favorite copy of windows and you are set. And it's very easy to manage all devices. Has never failed me.

I have VMWare and it works just as well. When hooking up the device, whether it is the scanner itself or a card reader, it ask if you want to hook up to windows or mac. If you choose Win'doze', it's no different than sitting at any other windows computer.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD

Seymourmtn

Premium Subscriber
Sentinel on MAC and 536

Installation was straightforward and easy.

However, I can't get it to work with the 536.
I plug in the USB cord from radio to Mac and get a message for Windiws or Mac and I pick 'use Mac'. When I try to Clear User Data or Download from Scanner', the software doesn't find the Micrsd card.

Has anyone been successful? Pleae share your trick.
I would sure like to nit use Windows.

Doug

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber

I believe you need to choose to use Windows when the device connects even with the way OP said to run it. Try that and see.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD

yancmo

Just a thought. Does the sad card need formatted a certain way with another app? Not sure if that would cause it not to be seen.

gonzalu

Installation was straightforward and easy.

However, I can't get it to work with the 536.

I plug in the USB cord from radio to Mac and get a message for Windiws or Mac and I pick 'use Mac'. When I try to Clear User Data or Download from Scanner', the software doesn't find the Micrsd card.

Has anyone been successful? Pleae share your trick.

I would sure like to nit use Windows.

Doug

You must select WINDOWS not Mac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nightjock

You must select WINDOWS not Mac

Where are you getting the opportunity to make this choice? It doesn't happen for me (Running WineBottler) and I'm stuck with a corrupt SD card now. Here's the error message on the scanner.

SD CARD ERROR
Use Sentinel "Clear User Data" operation to initialize SD card.

I'm hoping I can clear it up, but need the USB to talk to the SD.

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber
I'm receiving the same corrupt card warning. My 536 works and scans. I can make changes directly on the scanner. But when I hook up to Windows, it won't recognize the card and the screen gives the corrupt warning

tylerwatt12

Premium Subscriber
I'm receiving the same corrupt card warning. My 536 works and scans. I can make changes directly on the scanner. But when I hook up to Windows, it won't recognize the card and the screen gives the corrupt warning

I had the same problem. You'll just have to reformat it. I can't even plug it into my mac without it being unusable on windows.

Nightjock

After bricking my brand new 536HP trying to program it with my Mac via USB (using WineBottler) I ran out and picked up a micro SD adapter. My Mac is recognizing that, and I'm back in business. Hopefully this can help anyone that runs into the same issue.

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber
After bricking my brand new 536HP trying to program it with my Mac via USB (using WineBottler) I ran out and picked up a micro SD adapter. My Mac is recognizing that, and I'm back in business. Hopefully this can help anyone that runs into the same issue.

That's what I was using when it caused my problem.

yancmo

Well I got my 436 and have been trying to get it to load via windebottler and have been unsuccessful too.

Sorry yall. I was hoping it would work.

I'd say lock this thread up or remove it completely.

Last edited:

yancmo

Works like a champ. Just installed it this evening and it works great.

Wise, did you do anything different from my instructions? I know I had another app that would see my gps fine so I know the gps was working. My 436 wont mount on the mac so I figured thats why it didn't work. - Thanks

kikito

Premium Subscriber
Just for future reference, everything went well during the install until I tried to run Sentinel. The icon would just stay bouncing on the dock and wouldn't open for awhile. I decided to reboot and then everything ran perfectly. I bring it up just in case somebody runs into the same minor issue.

yancmo

Just for future reference, everything went well during the install until I tried to run Sentinel. The icon would just stay bouncing on the dock and wouldn't open for awhile. I decided to reboot and then everything ran perfectly. I bring it up just in case somebody runs into the same minor issue.

Did it recognize your scanner? I can't even get my Mac or virtual PC to mount the mass storage drive in the radio. It worked fine on a laptop I have bug I really want to use my Mac.

KB3VQD

Parallels 9 and Sentinel on MacBook Pro can't mount 436

I've spent the whole day today trying everything to get Parallels 9 running the Sentinel program to see the 436. Sentinel runs fine. Can't update firmware or write to the card via usb under 10.9.1. The virtual machine see's the 436. If I quit out of the virtual machine, Disk Utility can see the card but not mount it as it's formatted as ms-dos.

I've tried updating usb drivers galore.

My question is how do I get Parallels 9 and Sentinel to mount the 436?

Note to Uniden, how about a native Mac program or even better, a cloud based program for any user.

wise871

Database Admin
Wise, did you do anything different from my instructions? I know I had another app that would see my gps fine so I know the gps was working. My 436 wont mount on the mac so I figured thats why it didn't work. - Thanks

I followed the instructions to the letter. Only thing, I already formatted my cards earlier from the factory format and I have not had any issues since then.

Last edited:

dollar

Premium Subscriber
MacBook Pro and VMware Fusion 5.0.4

I've spent the whole day today trying everything to get Parallels 9 running the Sentinel program to see the 436. Sentinel runs fine. Can't update firmware or write to the card via usb under 10.9.1. The virtual machine see's the 436. If I quit out of the virtual machine, Disk Utility can see the card but not mount it as it's formatted as ms-dos.

I've tried updating usb drivers galore.

My question is how do I get Parallels 9 and Sentinel to mount the 436?

Note to Uniden, how about a native Mac program or even better, a cloud based program for any user.

My virtual machine also sees the 436 but cannot mount it either. My computer knows the 436 is at the end of the cable but cannot connect with it. Sentinel runs fine but is useless if I can't connect to the 436. I too would love a cloud based program!

gonzalu

For those who continue to have problems here are some tips:

--Download Windows 8.1 x64 from Microsoft. The trial... It runs for 30 days. Install that under your Host VM Environment and install the Uniden Software and Drivers. See if that works.

--Do not use Windows XP especially if it has been running for a while and especially if it has been running other serial drivers or scanner software. Try installing a fresh copy under a new VM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.