How To Take Better Pictures Of Your Setup...Photography 1101.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE4RWS

Cell-Phone Camera's TODAY

When this thread was originally started cell-phone camera's were still absolutely terrible, and although many are still not the greatest for posting important photo's online, they have increased significantly in their abilities and overall quality. I frequently use my Motorola Droid-X (in the highest resolution mode) for quick post photo's and it actually does a pretty darn good job for this. I recall seeing a lot of people posting pics using old flip-fones with pixel ratings that were so low it was simply pathetic to even consider using one for *anything*.

Everything posted here has been excellent information for people everywhere to take heed to and to at least try using to the best of their abilities. Today (2012) there's really no excuse for poor photo's unless you just don't understand how to use that smart-phone you have - again, provided a phone is being used for such photos.

The macro setting is an excellent method to get great close-up shots of whatever it is you want to post a pic of. However, even in 2012 there are many people who just don't utilize the great features incorporated into these fine smart-phones we have at our disposal today. All it takes is a little practice (and reading) to learn even semi proper picture taking tricks to produce great results using current technology smart-phone camera's.

Thanks again for such an informative discussion on this important issue, as there's nothing any more irritating to see crappy pictures of a radio (or whatever the item may be) given the tools available to us all today :)

bear780ks

I posted a picture of my BCD 396xt in another post) And when i came across this Post i wanted to post it here with some others i took..

All of these shots were taken with my Motorola Razr Maxx some with flask and some with out and no touch up's but i'll get some better one's hope ya like em Ra..

Attachments

• 396 pose 2.jpg
    396 pose 2.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,011
  • 396xt frontal.jpg
    396xt frontal.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 1,022
  • 396xt chillen on the stand.jpg
    396xt chillen on the stand.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,011
Last edited:

CanesFan95

The way technology is going, this thread will prolly be obsolete in the next couple of years, if not sooner, and I think that's a good thing.

bear780ks

Well ya did some excellent pointing out & to get a subscription for a year well that's priceless keep up the great info). Ra :)

KE4RWS

Radio Shack 800 MHz Rubber Duck

Well ya did some excellent pointing out & to get a subscription for a year well that's priceless keep up the great info). Ra :)

Is it just me or do you also have a "thing" about always turning the orange screen-printing on your Radio Shack 800 MHz antenna towards the front? For some odd reason I tend to turn the print forward as if it somehow makes a difference :p

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
The way I've learned over the past 5 solid years...take a bunch of photographs of what are taking of and look over them and keep the best ones you captured on your camera then edit them in either Adobe Photoshop or some other photo editing software.

k3cfc

Silent Key
A couple more tips about flash.
- do not shoot straight onto any shiny surface as you will get reflections.
- a Kleenex held over the flash will diffuse the light and usually results in less reflection and a more pleasing photo.

chris

You can shoot on an angle also. we went to an aquarium and shot fish through thick glass on an angle and they came out perfect.

K3CFC

bear780ks

New Updated shack Photo taken with my Updated Jelly Bean Razr Maxx the attraction on the side is keeping the 396 company :lol: Ra..

I used Night Mode with Auto Flash to Bring out the Brightness & sharpness of the Colors of the Photo..

Attachments

• My Little Shack Photo 6.jpg
    My Little Shack Photo 6.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 927
Last edited:

bear780ks

Ha! Well she's suppose to depict a construction working Girl I think the goal was met nicely I've gotten the working Girls and 4 other calenders for years at one of our Local Electrical Shops they supply calenders of the Military, Cars, Nature fishing & Hunting, but I thought this would look best as a back drop for the scanner.. :cool: Bear

koz303

Good Tutorial

This tutorial is nicely written. Thanks. Also was wondering if any you guys can post pics of your antenna setup.

PACNWDude

Zetron console.

Nice setup. Do the Zetron console panels work, or are they for show?

Have some 4000 series gear myself. Just curious.

I think the original poster has done a great service for those that add photos!

One thing I might add, you have to start with at least a "decent" camera. Not a junk one....

Steve/KB8FAR :lol:

PACNWDude

Need a better camera for my photos for sure. Phone cameras just do not do anything real justice. And the lighting in my shack is a bit dark, mostly LED and some incandescent.

mclove

Premium Subscriber
Pictures Of Your Shack/Mobile Setup

a few more to toys i got in last few weeks lots more to come 2018

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.