Howell Twp. NJ Police Freq Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

bburke_7

Premium Subscriber
Suddenly Howell twp. normally broadcasting on 155.700 has disappeared and search of all other Twp. frequencies has turned up nothing. Anyone can help or have ideas? Thanks in advance.. Brian

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Moved to NJ forum.

SCPD

QRT
Have you tried checking these?

ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - KEM664 - HOWELL, TOWNSHIP OF - Frequencies Summary

ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - KRI761 - HOWELL, TOWNSHIP OF - Frequencies Summary

ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WPMH569 - HOWELL, TOWNSHIP OF - Frequencies Summary

800 mhz listed for police

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/licenseFreqSum.jsp?licKey=1172813

Possible they joined a trs? Not in your area but hope one of those above helps.

Checking the DB it says howell migrated to a trs. Scroll to bottom nearly and the primary channel is listed as a TDMA capable talgroup. They are trunked and part of a state wide system.
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7021

Last edited:

bburke_7

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all your help. I just joined the upgrade but new change not in downloads yet. I have older scanners BC898 and PRO2052 and no computer cable yet. Can current talkgroup numbers be simply loaded into these older scanners or do you have to get individiual frequencies from the TRUNKING to enter them manually. I searched around but don't seem to get a proper understanding. Its going to take me awhile to come out of the CAVE! I've been listening to Simplex systems until now... Thanks Brian.

bburke_7

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info if you had to get another Bearcat scanner portable or home digital for these talk groups which one would it be?

bburke_7

Premium Subscriber
What did I do wrong?

Have howell Talkgroups 4525, 4527 loaded into scanner through sentinel in a favorites folder that's scanning fine. Everything else is working except the howell TG's and yes everything is enabled. Is their something these TG needs to be set to while I'm in Sentinel? I at a loss here, I've tried everything I know which I admit is limited. Thanks in advance.

bburke_7

Premium Subscriber
Yes everything is enabled. Cant figure it out. Is anybody here receiving Howell 4525 and 4527 TG's? I get other groups with in the Operability database but not Howell. Thanks In Advance for everything....

Hmaxim

Howell PD TG's

Can't decode either of the Howell PD talk groups. Receiving the CC's no problem and everything that is on there. I can see Howell TG's coming up but no decode. Using FMP24 setup and two RTL dongles. I'm guess Howell went encrypted/

RBFD415

Just a heads up on Howell PD. I've noticed a distinct geographic difference in reception. North of say Wall reception is all but nill. I found HPD to be loud and clear in Brick and Lakewood. You didn't mention a location you tried monitoring from? A field trip may have you making the same reception discovery?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

james07731

Premium Subscriber
I have the BCD325P2. I noticed the scanner kept locking onto site frequencies (each site has 5-7 frequencies), so I added the frequencies to several sites into 1 group, so it always scans all the sites freehold, wall, etc. I have about 30 frequencies in 1 site group. Works great now. Pretty much all over Monmouth & Ocean counties I pick up Howell without any problems.

SOSull66

Premium Subscriber
One interesting note on Howell... When they had the scare at the theater and involved the state bomb squad to clear that car... During the incident, all the communications disappeared from those two talk groups. it was strange. On that state trunk system they must have the ability to move all the radios in one shot when they want to. Not sure where they went...but I was missing them....

It wasn't like they turned on encryption....it was like they moved them all to a new talk group.

Hmaxim

Well this is interesting..I must be doing something wrong. I can receive the NJICS system just fine and can decode any Talk Group that comes up..all but Howell. I see 4525 and 4527 come up but never a decode. I am using FMP Fast Lane with DSDPlus decoder. Also was using Unitrunker with exactly the same results. Maybe someone can enlighten me. Am I on the right system? 773.3185 out of Wall is a good copy here in Howell. They are on that system? And like I said, I see thier TG's show up. Tell me what stupid thing I am doing? Thanks

Septa3371CSX1

Well this is interesting..I must be doing something wrong. I can receive the NJICS system just fine and can decode any Talk Group that comes up..all but Howell. I see 4525 and 4527 come up but never a decode. I am using FMP Fast Lane with DSDPlus decoder. Also was using Unitrunker with exactly the same results. Maybe someone can enlighten me. Am I on the right system? 773.3185 out of Wall is a good copy here in Howell. They are on that system? And like I said, I see thier TG's show up. Tell me what stupid thing I am doing? Thanks

I don't believe DSD Plus can decode P25 Phase 2 yet - only Phase 1. That may be your issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.