• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HT1250 LS+ Programming Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sckingemtp

I am a newbie to all of this so hopefully I dont make a fool of myself... :) Question is I am trying to program my portable HT1250LS+ and was able to get my hands on some software... but was wondering if the software was able to program my radio... Specs Below:

HT1250LS+ Firmware Version R04.00.01
Ver. No: R05.01.00 7.5V
Software Version R05.11.05

Professional Radio CPS Version R06.10.04
Passport Customer Programming Software Version No.R04.00.00

Will it work??? Thank you in advance for your help!!!

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Why don't you try it and let us know. Your using the correct software so I don't see why not

Last edited:

davidgcet

Premium Subscriber
newest s/w is 6.12, and it was just released recently. so odds are you are good.

jon47378

ht1250

The ht1250 software will not read my radio, either get message of unknown device or cannot connect to unknown radio component. IS there a specific baud rate to set the comport to? Thanks

jon47378

windows 7 64 bit. I don't have any other computer to try it on, I tried running it in safe mode also, made no difference.

bezking

Yeah, the CPS doesn't work on 64-bit Windows. You'll have to use something else.

Some folks have supposedly gotten it to work, but I've never seen it.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Yeah, the CPS doesn't work on 64-bit Windows. You'll have to use something else.

Some folks have supposedly gotten it to work, but I've never seen it.

I've had great results on an older XP computer and on an even older 98 machine. I have not been able to get it to work properly on a Vista laptop.

Best suggestion I have heard is to find an XP laptop with a decent battery or an XP desktop. Machines of that era have serial ports which seem to work most reliably with both RIB and RIB-less cables.

Some folks report decent results with USB adapters (IOGear seems most reliable) for PC's that don't have serial ports.

My own setup is now an XP desktop running the latest CPS. I connect direct with a ribless cable out of the serial port. I have a spare Motorola power supply on the bench and just pull the radios from the vehicles for programming. One of these days I will snag a 25' or 50' serial cable so I don't even have to move the radios.

firefive76

I've had great results on an older XP computer and on an even older 98 machine. I have not been able to get it to work properly on a Vista laptop.

Best suggestion I have heard is to find an XP laptop with a decent battery or an XP desktop. Machines of that era have serial ports which seem to work most reliably with both RIB and RIB-less cables.

Some folks report decent results with USB adapters (IOGear seems most reliable) for PC's that don't have serial ports.

My own setup is now an XP desktop running the latest CPS. I connect direct with a ribless cable out of the serial port. I have a spare Motorola power supply on the bench and just pull the radios from the vehicles for programming. One of these days I will snag a 25' or 50' serial cable so I don't even have to move the radios.

Something that might be easier to get than a 25 or 50 foot serial cable-- I use a 50 foot cat5 cable to program our mobile radios. Just plug cat5 cable into the mic jack, walk back to the destop computer, and write the programming. Much easier than pulling the radios out!

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Something that might be easier to get than a 25 or 50 foot serial cable-- I use a 50 foot cat5 cable to program our mobile radios. Just plug cat5 cable into the mic jack, walk back to the destop computer, and write the programming. Much easier than pulling the radios out!

Actually, the long serial cables are dirt cheap and readily available, I just haven't gotten around to ordering one.

The RIBless cable goes on the radio end of the serial cable so it is really no technical difference compared to using a CAT5.

The CAT5's with the 8 pin RJ45 are nice, but the CDM's have 10 pin connectors. It has been reported that the 8 pins will trash the 10 pin female in the CDM over time. There was a bunch of discussion about that here on RR not too long ago. I believe there are also caution notices about this on both Batlabs and Repeater Builder.

Since replacing the 10 pin mic connector on the CDM is costly, I prefer "better safe than sorry."

Status
Not open for further replies.