I bit the bullet and bought a BCD996P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasby

it was very easy not much in digital here at the moment but that changing this summer ,im playing around with the threshold to make what digital we do have mainly highway patrol sound better

For Ohio MARCS / Hwy Patrol, I've found these settings work well:

P25 Digital wait time: Change from 400 to 0.
Manual (rather than auto) and a setting of 8.
Modulation: Leave at auto.

Enjoy your scanner!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
for some reason i can not find the p25 wait time setting
If the system in question is a P25 trunked system, you don't have a wait time setting, since by default, every transmission on that system will be P25. You can, however, adjust the threshold settings. that's on the Options tab when looking at the Site.

For Conventional systems, the wait time setting is on the Options tab. On non-P25 trunking systems (such as Motorola Type II), the setting is on the Sire's Option tab.

lucky43113

If the system in question is a P25 trunked system, you don't have a wait time setting, since by default, every transmission on that system will be P25. You can, however, adjust the threshold settings. that's on the Options tab when looking at the Site.

For Conventional systems, the wait time setting is on the Options tab. On non-P25 trunking systems (such as Motorola Type II), the setting is on the Sire's Option tab.

thanks that was the issue

Timmeh-31

Premium Subscriber
it was very easy not much in digital here at the moment but that changing this summer ,im playing around with the threshold to make what digital we do have mainly highway patrol sound better

Excellent. I lucked out, the default setting (I believe it's set to 8) worked best for my area, so didn't have to fiddle with it. Absolutely love the sound quality, but then again I've been used to listening on handhelds for quite a few years and there's a huge difference!

lucky43113

Excellent. I lucked out, the default setting (I believe it's set to 8) worked best for my area, so didn't have to fiddle with it. Absolutely love the sound quality, but then again I've been used to listening on handhelds for quite a few years and there's a huge difference!

i got it fixed i bought a new shielded audio cable so i can hook it up to my pc

scan18

Premium Subscriber
You can, however, adjust the threshold settings. that's on the Options tab when looking at the Site.

Can you clarify this please? Are you talking about in Freescan?

I thought the P25 Threshold settings were not site specific for the 996P2.

scan18

Premium Subscriber
you can set the threshold settings by holding the hold button when you turn it on but you must do this each time you turn it on

Yes, I know, and that setting is system-wide. That's why I was curious about hiegtx's comment about the setting in the site options.

Status
Not open for further replies.