I hear nothing???

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick48093

Premium Subscriber
i have the pro-197 scanner.
took awhile to figure out,but i found some frequcies and it was doing ok.
i went to radio shack today and spent another $35.00 for a cable and another $59.00 on this website to download more frequencies.
now it shows i have about 1000 downloading,but all my scanner does is scan and i dont hear anything,not even the stuff i typed in manually.
i see the names of the agencies that i selected and typed in,but i hadly hear ant transmission.

any ideas??i have $400.00 into this and it has been downer.

i am in warren, michigan 48093

please help-i am lost and want to make this work

thanks

i have the pro-197 scanner.
took awhile to figure out,but i found some frequcies and it was doing ok.
i went to radio shack today and spent another $35.00 for a cable and another $59.00 on this website to download more frequencies.
now it shows i have about 1000 downloading,but all my scanner does is scan and i dont hear anything,not even the stuff i typed in manually.
i see the names of the agencies that i selected and typed in,but i hadly hear ant transmission.

any ideas??i have $400.00 into this and it has been downer.

i am in warren, michigan 48093

please help-i am lost and want to make this work

thanks

Do you have it set to P25 Auto?, since Michigan is pretty much digital State now. I know there is one guy that lives in Warren, MI who is on here his name is Freqs, he may be able to help you. Or even myself can also. Your Pro 197 is just like my Pro 106 pretty much and just like the PSR 500 and 600. They all program pretty much the same way.

I do program mine by hand.

Last edited:

freqs

I program everthing by hand as well so .Iam not sure what the issue is I could look at it for you .Iam free all next week unless a job calls .I would be glad to help you you should hear all kinds of good stuff around our area .Give me a PM and maybe we can get together and Ill help ya get it going so you can enjoy it
FREQS

Status
Not open for further replies.