I need an expert! Scanning for dummies! Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imlistening

Premium Subscriber
Ok, so I should start by saying that I am brand new to all of this and i have very little idea of what I am doing. I need someone who can give me very simple step by step instructions. I live in Indiana. I am a member of the Radioreference site and am a premium subscriber. I have downloaded the programing software and searched and seem to have input it all into my scanner via my radioshack cord. After that I am lost!!!!! I can get the county and such (anyone not on a trunked system) Why wont my scanner scan the trunked systems??? What am I doing wrong. I have a Pro-197. Thank you so much in advance for your help!!!! Sigh, if i dont figure this out my dad will give me NO PEACE.. he is nosey and is dying to hear all the goin-ons.

RomeRon

Last edited:

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
Here's a file from WIN500. Try it and see if it'll work for you.

It contains the state trunked system, including the talkgroups for your county.

All scanner banks (that have something in them) are on.

I don't live in Indiana, so I cannot promise this will be 100% accurate.

Attachments

• Wayne IN.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 80

RomeRon

it showed on the scanner that it did download but i cant seem to get the scanner to pick up anything from the trunked systems

How close are you to this repeater?

Attachments

• rch.jpg
    rch.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 1,080
  • rch2.jpg
    rch2.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,168
Last edited:

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Are you able to hear the control channels? Step through the control channels and you should hear sounds like a diesel truck idling. Usually if you can hear the control channel data you can monitor the system.

RomeRon

Oh Well, was just wondering if he was close enough to the repeater to pick it up indoors. But what do I know.

Imlistening

Premium Subscriber
yes i am able to hear somthing that sounds like a truck running but it sont seem to be scanning through and thats all i hear is the truck sound

Imlistening

Premium Subscriber
yes i do hear the diesel truck sound but but nothing else
Are you able to hear the control channels? Step through the control channels and you should hear sounds like a diesel truck idling. Usually if you can hear the control channel data you can monitor the system.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
1.Did you program in the talkgroups?
2.This is a rebanded site does the 197 need a firmware update?
3.Did you try the file that was posted here in post #5?
Do not give up yet we were all there at one point.

RomeRon

Has Wayne county been rebaned yet, I found this at Indiana Project Hoosier SAFE-T Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

Indiana Project Hoosier SAFE-T is scheduled to begin the rebanding process in 4th Quarter of 2011 and conclude by 2nd Quarter of 2012. This process involves shifting frequencies in the 866.0125-868.9875 Mhz band to the 851.0125-853.9875 Mhz band. Frequencies in the 860.0125-860.9875 Mhz band will be replaced by new frequencies as assigned by the FCC.

The database has been updated to include the new rebanded frequencies for each site using the standard 15Mhz shift for most frequencies. Additonally, sites have been updated where current FCC records indicate new frequency assignments in the "YE" service class.

As sites are confirmed as rebanded, the database will be updated to remove the 866-868.xxxx Mhz frequencies, and will also be updated with new control channel assignments (main and alternate).

As of September 27, 2011, only one site is currently designated as rebanded. It is the Monticello site in Carroll County. This site involved no re-assignment or shifting of frequencies, so technically it is considered already rebanded according to IPSC.

Status
Not open for further replies.