ICI Trunked System - Posts your new findings here!

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
South Bay site is on the air.

So far the following are noted.

Site 20
482.5cc

NAC 370

Site has been added to the Db.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
Beverly Hills PD popping up on 2252 Dispatch talkgroup. No activity on analog or digital conventional channels. Fire Dispatch still conventional.

motobot213

Ø Manager
Premium Subscriber
BHPD is using the blue 2 talkgroup for dispatch instead of blue3 which was the original plan. Blue2 is encrypted.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
A huge thank you to whoever provided all the INSB talkgroups that are now in the database. [emoji16]

avascan522

Premium Subscriber
I'd suspect law will be ENC with fire and public works in the clear. Seems to be the trend these days as cities transition to ICI.

I'm guessing no one local to these areas being infected by ICI>ICIS>ISIS have written to their city council or police chiefs in protest to convince them of the benefits of staying in the clear?

Had to add my jab.

allend

Premium Subscriber
I'm guessing no one local to these areas being infected by ICI>ICIS>ISIS have written to their city council or police chiefs in protest to convince them of the benefits of staying in the clear?

Had to add my jab.

If we all make a vote "I would vote you" to start this crusade. But I am pretty sure I bet my life on that this would be a losing battle until our socal basin crumbles to dirt with a 9.0 or greater on the earthquake scale. Nothing will change until then. My 2 cents worth.

kf6dbz

Am I correct that Torrance and redondo beach will be going digital and encryption? I saw the information on the database, any information on this?

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Yes Redondo and Torrance are founding members of the Interoperable Network South Bay(INSB) JPA which will utilize the ICI trunked system.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber

Had to add my jab.

It wouldn't do any good. Encryption is being deployed for multiple reasons. Once of the major ones is police baiters (they refer to themselves as "First Amendment auditors") are chasing police calls via bicycle or in vehicles. Torrance, Hawthorne, Gardena, El Segundo, and others have had major problems with these guys. There was actually several instances where these "auditors" have showed up at in-progress crime scenes and started videotaping. They get in the way and cause problems for responding officers (several videos are available on YouTube which document their behavior).

I normally don't advocate for encryption of day-to-day dispatch talkgroups, however, in this case I feel its justified.

CNRSW72

If we all make a vote "I would vote you" to start this crusade. But I am pretty sure I bet my life on that this would be a losing battle until our socal basin crumbles to dirt with a 9.0 or greater on the earthquake scale. Nothing will change until then. My 2 cents worth.

I’m curious as to why you think a major disaster would change SOPs with regards to encryption.... In fact, FEMA teams deployed to disaster areas operate exclusively with encryption. And if a need did arise for unencrypted mutual aid, they have clear M/A talkgroups for a reason.

code3cop

Well the main guy Tom Zebra who started it all back more than 15 years as well as his other minor partner who came in later that claims to be "press" who both started First amendment auditing and showing up to police calls and traffic stops when hearing the calls over their scanners in the south bay area . Once those agencies switch over I am sure they will both will battle this in court and others claiming its their first amendment right to have access and listen in.
http://www.mistakenbacon.com for those who dont know who he is.

avascan522

Premium Subscriber
Well the main guy Tom Zebra who started it all back more than 15 years as well as his other minor partner who came in later that claims to be "press" who both started First amendment auditing and showing up to police calls and traffic stops when hearing the calls over their scanners in the south bay area . Once those agencies switch over I am sure they will both will battle this in court and others claiming its their first amendment right to have access and listen in.
http://www.mistakenbacon.com for those who dont know who he is.
Went to his website, sent him a message, let him have it! :-[

Aaron_B

Went to his website, sent him a message, let him have it! :-[
Yeah, people need to realize the big issue isn't criminals with scanners its first amendment "auditors" who just scan the dispatch channels and go to calls to with the intent to record and get in the way of officers on scene. There is one video where the guy heard some undercover Torrence units give out their location on the analog dispatch channel, he then proceeded to go to the location to record UC personnel/operations and posted it to youtube. I guess these "auditors" just think these kinds of issues don't make it up the chain of command...

Aaron_B

Torrance PD special units are now using a couple of their new ICI talkgroups all with AES encryption. Also saw some traffic on the Torrance dispatch channels also all using AES... Seems like people are starting to move away from the ICI DES common key.

AB6YS

Torrance FD is now broadcasting its computer generated dispatch messages on Fire Dispatch when there is a call. No human voices, or mobile responses. According to a TFD firefighter I was talking to, the cut over is coming in a month or two.

allend

Premium Subscriber
Torrance FD is now broadcasting its computer generated dispatch messages on Fire Dispatch when there is a call. No human voices, or mobile responses. According to a TFD firefighter I was talking to, the cut over is coming in a month or two.

Yes I just heard Torrance FD on talkgroup 3161 in the clear using automated voice dispatch now.

Vinman

Premium Subscriber
Listening to them test Talkgroup 2079 for the South Bay ICIS. Automated recording stating "Station 2 testing"

Last edited: