IFX setting help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
I wanted to try the IFX setting on a channel (TG) but when I press "FUNC then "7" there is no indication in the display that it is ON or OFF. I am using detailed trunk display mode. I just get 3 rapid beeps when I do "func" then "7" like an error. I sdet in display at bottom left of screen the IFX text to be yellow. How do you tell if it is on or off?

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I wanted to try the IFX setting on a channel (TG) but when I press "FUNC then "7" there is no indication in the display that it is ON or OFF. I am using detailed trunk display mode. How do you tell if it is on or off?
With My SDS100 Scanner if I press FUN then 7 it says on the screen IF EXCHANGE ON if I do that again it says it's OFF this is when I sit on a frequency

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
From to SDS200 Manual, page 19/20

View attachment 89905
I have IFX option on both my SDS200 and BCD996P2 and in either case when I press "func" then "7" all I get is 3 rapid beeps.....nothing happens...the 3 rapid beeps seem to sound like an error. I am putting radio in "HOLD" mode before I do this. On the channel I want the IFX on. Maybe it is because I am trying to apply IFX to a P25 simulcast system channel? I am getting a lot of distortion on the Providence Police (ch1) TG. I thought IFX might help since nothing else is. Filter set at "wide-norm".....none of filters seem to matter really.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
The key word in Dr Dialtone's reply is *conventional*
If you're holding on a TG, the radio is still scanning all of the site frequencies, so it wouldn't be able to tell which frequency you want to enable IFX for and it won't do it for the entire site. Plus, only the control channels need to be entered and the radio steers to whatever channel number the control channel says the conversation will happen on, so that problem frequency may not be programmed in the radio to begin with.

You should have some luck using the filter settings if you haven't tried that or try the attenuator and see if that cuts down on the distortion/interference.

If this distortion is only on one TG, then it could be a system issue.

Mark

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
The key word in Dr Dialtone's reply is *conventional*
If you're holding on a TG, the radio is still scanning all of the site frequencies, so it wouldn't be able to tell which frequency you want to enable IFX for and it won't do it for the entire site. Plus, only the control channels need to be entered and the radio steers to whatever channel number the control channel says the conversation will happen on, so that problem frequency may not be programmed in the radio to begin with.

You should have some luck using the filter settings if you haven't tried that or try the attenuator and see if that cuts down on the distortion/interference.

If this distortion is only on one TG, then it could be a system issue.

Mark
OK I thought that was the problem with me not at first realizing I was trying to use IFX on non conventional. The "W-normal" filter seems at this point to help a little better. Starting to get lower (-60) RSSI numbers. I had ATT set for one of the problem sites but with the filter setting I am using (w-norm) I turned ATT off and its actually better now.

Ubbe

As Markb said, you can only do IFX to a frequency and not to a TG. If you know the frequency then stop scan by pushing the Channel button, then enter that frequency and push Channel again. Now do Function and then 7.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.