Illegal CBers

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcgrotz

N_Jay said:
The bottom would melt, not the top.

It has to do with current not voltage.

I know that. I said current. I still don't want to figure it out, cross-sectional area of the whip, resistance of stainless steel, temp rise in degrees perwatt dissipated in the conductor, melting point of SS.

Maybe just hook a whip to a welder and turn up the current until it glows, then you could figure how much RF at 50 ohms would be required to equal that current.

N

N_Jay

gcgrotz said:
I know that. I said current. I still don't want to figure it out, cross-sectional area of the whip, resistance of stainless steel, temp rise in degrees perwatt dissipated in the conductor, melting point of SS.

Maybe just hook a whip to a welder and turn up the current until it glows, then you could figure how much RF at 50 ohms would be required to equal that current.

I know you said current, but you went on to talk about the top of the whip where it is thinner.

gcgrotz

N_Jay said:
I know you said current, but you went on to talk about the top of the whip where it is thinner.

Hey N_Jay, this thought also occured to me later in the day. What kind of feedline would you need in order to provide enough power to melt a whip? I think someone posted pictures of broadcast rigid copper line....

So theoretically you could melt a whip, but is it practical? Don't think so.

N

N_Jay

gcgrotz said:
. . . What kind of feedline would you need in order to provide enough power to melt a whip? . . .QUOTE]

Big!

(I don't feel like doing math today)

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
You guys must be talking about the Superbowlers.

I don't know, when I'm really really really bored, and I know the skip is coming in. I'll usually tune into Ch. 6 just to listen to the good ole' boys just pretty much yip away at whoever is able to actually able to hear them.

I usually hear them coming in loud 'n clear from the Lonestar State, and sometimes the "Show Me" state.

As this website suggests, it usually takes a Big Radio to do the job http://www.bigradios.com/2005/pop-comm/

Another good one to check out is http://www.angelfire.com/nj/earplugger/

elk2370bruce

Most of these "superheated" CB'ers think that "current" is one of those flavors of jelly they like on their morning toast done on the end of the beam boom.

bobmich52

As Like Me, Whatever Happened To Us Old Time Legal Cber's, Who Showed Respect To The Hobby, Only Used 12 Watts On SSB & Let Mother Nature Show Us What It Can Be?

Who Needs The Steroids Electronically?

Only The LAZY, Stupid & IGNORANT FOOLS Need Apply On This One!!!!

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
After I heard the skip rolling in on the scanner I figured I'd turn the ****box cb on to hear what's all going on.

Mr. Eaaaaarrrrrr Pluggggggger is certainly boomin in.

I sent him an email, hopefully he'll gimme a shout out on the superbowl.

I know I can hear him loud n' clear

10-4

Now back to my redneck nascar race and I'll be 10-7 sandy baggin on the side.

Outtolima

Personally i couldnt care less if they want to shoot skip, as long as they keep the power legal so that im not hearing them on every appliance that i own then im ok with it.

KOK5CY

Since the fcc doesn't monitor cb radio traffic that much . The power that these guy's use is way to much in my book . I run a radio in my mobile and it's just a 4 watt uniden that's all i need .

multisync

N_Jay said:
Wow, you too?

I even have my own lane on the Interstate. Its the one just further left than the solid white line.
And over there there is no speed limit, since those signs only apply to the regular lanes, not "my" lane.
Then sometimes off the "freeway" I use my special lane on the right side. Its a bit bumpy, but again has no speed limit (since it is not a regular lane), and even those pesky red lights don't apply to me in my special lane.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I've done the same on the highway only I was driving a BMW 530d in Germany. Very legal. Very little red light too, mostly 'roundabouts'. Again very legal. I guess whats illegal for you is legal for others.

N

N_Jay

multisync said:
I've done the same on the highway only I was driving a BMW 530d in Germany. Very legal. Very little red light too, mostly 'roundabouts'. Again very legal. I guess whats illegal for you is legal for others.

That's funny, I've driven in Germany, and I think if you stay in the left lane without passing you are likely to end up with a very expensive ticket.

It is not your OWN lane! (Even though the Porsches seem to think so).

N

N_Jay

RadiationX said:
What is the actual point of a key down? What are they trying to acomplish?

If this was in the Tavern, I would have said it is the CB equivalent of a "circle jerk", but since it is not in the tavern, I won't say that! ;):twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.