• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

    Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

    If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

    To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

    The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

    For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

    This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Impressive Docooler performance on G5

Status
Not open for further replies.

greggill

Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2013
Messages
26
Reaction score
7
Location
Indianapolis, IN
I know there has been lots of discussions about compatible Bluetooth devices for the G4 and G5. I have had some luck with the Docooler. It easily connects with my G5. There are NO annoying beeps before every transmission. It is pretty responsive too — there doesn’t seem to be any delay in receiving traffic.

The only problem I’m having with it is that it will often lock up my G5. The G5 will shut itself off and the only way to get it to turn back on is by popping the battery out and putting it back in.

The Docooler performs well, but the G5 doesn’t like it for some reason. I’m holding on to it in hopes that a future firmware update will fix the problem.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01FDI8VBI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_nDahCbN72FAGW


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

jfive38

Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2009
Messages
9
Reaction score
2
Location
Madison, WI
I know there has been lots of discussions about compatible Bluetooth devices for the G4 and G5. I have had some luck with the Docooler. It easily connects with my G5. There are NO annoying beeps before every transmission. It is pretty responsive too — there doesn’t seem to be any delay in receiving traffic.

The only problem I’m having with it is that it will often lock up my G5. The G5 will shut itself off and the only way to get it to turn back on is by popping the battery out and putting it back in.

The Docooler performs well, but the G5 doesn’t like it for some reason. I’m holding on to it in hopes that a future firmware update will fix the problem.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01FDI8VBI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_nDahCbN72FAGW


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had two of them and one was bad. The one I have now works great with the G5. It doesn't lock up the G5 at all.
 

JD21960

Active Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2007
Messages
1,369
Reaction score
248
Location
ILL-annoyed
Had one for over a year. Finally quit charging up. It DID have a few burps and turned off at times. Restarting it and the pager usually worked. I'm getting a new one *back in stock now on Amazon* for Christmas from Santa. There are several of those on Amazon under different names of course that all look the same. They ARE the only thing I've found that has no tones/music before calls/transmissions for Blue Tooth.
 

radio3353

Active Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2003
Messages
1,503
Reaction score
533
I like my Docooler, too. But, I have had the same problems as you with lock-ups. I used it today to play my G4 through my car's audio system. When I brought it back into the house the G4 would not turn on. I had to do a battery pull to get it to work again. Hoping the firmware update has a fix.
 

K6LEH

Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2016
Messages
95
Reaction score
37
Location
Oakland, CA
I am curious about the “reset” procedure being used here, I just push and hold the two side buttons and the top button simultaneously until the three LEDs on top glow orange, then release. I’ve had my G5 almost 2 years and I’ve pulled my battery maybe twice to reboot.
 

krokus

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 9, 2006
Messages
6,285
Reaction score
1,757
Location
Southeastern Michigan
I am curious about the “reset” procedure being used here, I just push and hold the two side buttons and the top button simultaneously until the three LEDs on top glow orange, then release. I’ve had my G5 almost 2 years and I’ve pulled my battery maybe twice to reboot.
I pull the battery, as suggested by Unication.

Sent using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top