DSDPlus Improve P25 Simulcast audio decoding

Status
Not open for further replies.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
So the (mostly) successful resolution to this issue was to try a different antenna. I have a portable antenna that I have tried to place in a location to optimize reception of this system with my scanners, which is an exercise in futility. But connect that antenna to the dongle, as opposed to the smaller direct-connected antenna that I was using proved to improve reception and audio, with many fewer dropouts. It's far from perfect, but considerably better than it was. Thanks to all suggestions.
Makes sense, as your s/n wasn't stellar. You *might* want to revisit gains adjustment since your antenna system has changed, and tweak ppm (after the dongle has warmed to normal operating temp and stabilized.)

Last edited:

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Makes sense, as your s/n wasn't stellar. You *might* want to revisit gains adjustment since your antenna system has changed, and tweak ppm (after the dongle has warmed to normal operating temp and stabilized.)

Thanks. Yep, I have now done those things. Decoding isn't perfect, but probably better than 80%. Much better than before. Thanks again.

jets1961

Download the program DSDtune. I think it's on this site, only used it a few times.

Think you have to record raw audio then feed it to DSDtune, it then spits out a file that tells you how to set; -dsxx -ddxx -dvxx values where xx are values in numbers 00.

The longer the raw recording the better the output.

Status
Not open for further replies.