Indiana-Michigan Power (AEP) P25 System - WACN: 92715, SysID: 1F5

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Hello Michiganders,

If you aren't aware, AEP is in the process of building out their multistate, multisubsidiary P25 Phase II system. Part of this system is Indiana-Michigan Power. We already have reports of many Indiana sites being online. As such, there is reason to believe that some Michigan sites may be online (or will be in the not so distant future).

I'd ask that those of you capable of doing P25 searches with scanners, or those with DSDPlus, Unitrunker or Pro96Com capabilities, consider scanning 854 - 862 Mhz to check for the presence of any new P25 control channels that advertise a WACN of 92715 and a System ID of 1F5. If you come across any, those will either be Michigan or Indiana sites.

If you find anything new, please (a) submit to the database and (b) consider making a post on the main forum thread. Below are some links that may be of interest to you if you are looking to help out.

AEP P25 RRDB - Here you will find sites that have been confirmed (by direct monitoring) to be online
AEP P25 Wiki (Main)
AEP P25 Wiki for 1F5 SysID - Here you will find sites believed to be online in IN-MI but haven't been confirmed (or for which we need more information)
AEP P25 Main RR Forum Thread - This is where all discussions regarding this system should be made
AEP P25 Google Map - Here you will find a map of the total system, split out into subsidiaries - with license/frequency info

NOTE: Only sites that have been positively confirmed online by direct monitoring will be added to the DB. Any sites discovered based upon neighbor/peer lists will be added to the wiki until and then, after being confirmed online by direct monitoring, added to the RRDB.

Please use the main forum thread (link above) to discuss / report on any sites in Michigan.

Thank you!

west-pac

I found several of these Michigan sites online yesterday. The sites I found were in Lawton, Dowagiac, Niles, and Three Rivers. There are more sites online north and west of there.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
The more I look at the map, the more I am convinced that they went North to South from Sites 26 through 39, and that logically 30 will be Benton Harbor and 35 will be Elkhart. I think that's what you are thinking too. I changed my map to show a question mark next to 30 Benton Harbor MI and 35 Elkhart IN (even though nothing lists 35 as a neighbor yet. All subject to change, depending upon any findings of yours down the road.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.