Interested in your thoughts on some software I'm writing ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nokones

Premium Subscriber
The Tech License written exam does nothing but show some people have a better memory than others in remembering the test answers and that is the stupid part. What does the questions on Ohms and other electrical math question have to do with being a good operator on 2M, 33 & 70 cm bands? Most younger people do not have that education or experience and the test is preventing them being a HAM on the entry level.

nokones

Premium Subscriber
Those who view a simple multiple choice test to obtain a Technician Class License as a barrier or obstacle to entering the hobby are just plain LAZY! You can practically do so blindfolded. Anyone with an IQ even remotely north of 90, as well as a GED can become a ham with a minimum of effort expended on their part. Is shooting for the lowest common denominator really something that we in the ham community aught to take pride in?
If you don't change something tomorrow the hobby will die in the future because that is the going trend today.

SwampRatt

This is a new program for Ham Radio operators I'm writing. It really makes locating and working with repeaters easy, fast, and understandable. It can export your choice to Chirp so that you can push the to your radio. It uses sophisticated mapping software, runs on your Windows, Linux, Mac or iPad and is actually kind of fun to use and explore repeaters in your area, or world wide.

New Ham Radio Software
What’s this program called? And what are you writing it in?I’m a software guy and just curious.

CoastalDude

Premium Subscriber
What’s this program called? And what are you writing it in?I’m a software guy and just curious.
I haven't named the program yet, however, it's written as a "Microsoft Maui Hybrid Blazer Application" in C# and Javascript in the front end. Maui applications are cross platform as everything really happens in the browser, it uses the Chrome V8 engine (I think) under the hood which is the open source framework before Google puts their claws into it to record everything you do in life ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.