Introducing the SDS200

Status
Not open for further replies.

ansky

If you're an Amazon Prime member and use your Amazon store credit card that's an automatic 5% cash back. So that's a $35 discount on the scanner.

ansky

If you live in NJ you still have to pay the tax on it. Like most states that have a sales tax, you are required to make up the difference in use (sales) tax between what you paid and what you would have paid had you bought it in state.

I added it to my cart in NJ and Amazon automatically added $46 sales tax to the purchase.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
And you're PayPal guaranteed, even if the selling party refuses a return, PayPal/eBay will issue you a refund - quick

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Yes, webtronX sells on eBay and Amazon and has posted in the forums back when the SDS100 was first released. Reputable seller by all accounts.

CQ

Just because you're a prime member doesn't really buy you anything with the link provided. It's not sold by amazon so no 2 day shipping. It's also not fulfilled by amazon so no bennies there. Shows shipping could take up to 10 days.

If you want faster then go with a company shipping closer to you. There's no shortage of radios so you can pick and choose. HRO has plenty in stock across the country.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
But, eBay has it's own standards for sellers. You have a certain allotted time to ship your product. If I remember right, his eBay site guarantees free shipping and guaranteed delivery on or before Thurs Feb 14th. That's not bad compared to some retail outlets.

ansky

It's also not fulfilled by amazon so no bennies there.

I'm not sure what you mean by "no bennies". If you have the Amazon Prime store credit card you get 5% cash back on all Amazon purchases, even those purchases from other sellers that are not fulfilled by Amazon. I have been using it for years.

ansky

But, eBay has it's own standards for sellers. You have a certain allotted time to ship your product. If I remember right, his eBay site guarantees free shipping and guaranteed delivery on or before Thurs Feb 14th. That's not bad compared to some retail outlets.

Yes, when you sell something on Ebay you specify how long your "handling" time is, as well as what shipping method you will be using. Ebay then calculates the delivery date based on those inputs and the buyer's zip code. With that said, I have no idea what recourse you have as a buyer if the seller does not meet those obligations.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Yes, when you sell something on Ebay you specify how long your "handling" time is, as well as what shipping method you will be using. Ebay then calculates the delivery date based on those inputs and the buyer's zip code. With that said, I have no idea what recourse you have as a buyer if the seller does not meet those obligations.

Probably none, other than a negative or neutral feedback, which definitely has an impact on a seller's marketability and projected sales revenue.

ArtU

Got mine today, I can confirm the following: CPU Noise in the Speaker, worse with extension speaker. Sentinel does not compare at all with Ezscan, going to be much harder to program than Whistlers I have. Looks like I need to buy Proscan to do the things I want like monitor error rates in real time?

Simulcast was better than all other scanners I have or had with included antenna. We will see what happens on an external antenna.

LAN port is DEAD. It does not light up with several known live ethernet cables plugged into it. Likely have to send back to Universal Radio after I call them on Monday.

W5RGP

Got mine today, I can confirm the following: CPU Noise in the Speaker, worse with extension speaker. Sentinel does not compare at all with Ezscan, going to be much harder to program than Whistlers I have. Looks like I need to buy Proscan to do the things I want like monitor error rates in real time?

LAN port is DEAD. It does not light up with several known live ethernet cables plugged into it. Likely have to send back to Universal Radio after I call them on Monday.

You have to enable the lan port in settings before you get any activity

Also I notice less hum if I plug my ext speaker in the rear jack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.