IRL CTCSS/DCS Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper43

I don't have them at the moment, are you wanting the sanctioning body or teams? I will be getting all the frequencies for Indy as I'll be there the entire month.

Viper43

Do any of your scanners have a search function that will find the tones? If not I can get them.

What do you do at the track? I shoot for a local paper and get to spend the month of May at the track on their dime :)

malegolf

That's what I do, yes but I don't know how, maybe I need to read the manual???? It's a Uniden 245 trunktracker, I was hoping someone already had them so I could program them before I go?????

Thanks

Viper43

In all the lists (online) I never saw any tones along with the frequencies, but it's something to work on during the boring times at the track. Not sure if your scanner has the CC w/tones or not but if it does it won't take much to save them to the scanner.

So your a photographer eh? We probably know each other then. I shoot for Greenfield.

Viper43

malegolf said:
I shoot for the Kokomo Perspective....

Ok, don't know that one, we'll have to meet up at some point at the track, I'm sure there will be a rain delay or two :(
Do you get up to the Media Center? I'll be up there more this year as I'll be doing some writing as well, something new for me this year :)

Viper43

What, you never eat there? They have some good food :) lol my food bill drops bigtime in May :) But it's pretty neat upstairs , and busy on pole day and race day. I sometimes sit there and watch the F1 race before the 500 starts. Where do you normally shoot from? I used to be in turn 4 with the AP and then with the paper it was whatever turn I wanted, now it's anywhere and everywhere.

KC9NEG

The best source I know of for track frequencies is the Racing Radios trailer or their radio shop in the garage area. They publish a list with team, IRL, radio, TV, and track PA frequencies for $5 which is updated as necessary as changes are made throughout the month (you just trade in your old list). I've never seen tones on thieir list, but they service the teams so it's quite up-to-date.

Todd/Indy
KC9NEG

KC9NEG

Are you sure they use tones, and what for? I've been scanning at race tracks for over 20 years... never considered tones and don't think I've missed much (well, other than what was encrypted e.g. Penske was first to do that about 10yrs ago).

Todd/Indy

bigt512

the only time i needed to put the codes in was when a vender was using the same
frequencie. that only happened once in 8 years

malegolf

Yes, I'm sure they use tone codes, been going since 72, and have used a scanner last 25+ years. During the week several teams use the same freq's as local hotels, wrecker's, plumbing company, and many more, on the weekend it's not as bad.... It's getting to be more and more over the last few years with more outside usage.

TrackScan has team freq lists, they work closely with racing radios.
The owner started out with a Ford van and now has a whole fleet of trucks.
They usually have a trailer at the old White Castle lot across from the main gate and under the stands just north of Gasoline Alley.

BSI (broadcast sprots intl) does the TV crew's RF for the IRL races, they usually run their PL and IFB feeds carrier squelch since they are constant duty xmtrs and they are coordinated to be the only users on that freq, no need for a PL tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.