Is this Basic, Enhanced or AES Encryption...DMR MOTOTRBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantomcrow

Retired LE
The jack is hooked up with a 3.5 and I used DSD to record. Not sure what else to do? Or is there a another way?

phantomcrow

Retired LE
Currently, if you want to confirm what flavour of encryption is being used on DMR you need OP25. It will indicate if its
ARC4
DES
AES128
AES256
Never knew about this, ty going to try to use it tomorrow looks great

phantomcrow

Retired LE
And here is the raw .wav file. I also included a snapshot of the DSD event log. Can someone tell me anything about this signal? Thank you

Attachments

• cut_DSDPlus-Raw-Input_2019-10-30@030936.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 58
  • 2019-10-30_061354.png
    2019-10-30_061354.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 164

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
There doesn't appear to be any activity whatsoever in that recording.... From your screenshot however you can see the algo in use is predominately EP (I'd hazard a guess that the BP entries might be bad decodes). Still need a good recording to confirm that however.

phantomcrow

Retired LE
There doesn't appear to be any activity whatsoever in that recording.... From your screenshot however you can see the algo in use is predominately EP (I'd hazard a guess that the BP entries might be bad decodes). Still need a good recording to confirm that however.
Ok Ill work on it further. Does EP mean enhanced Privacy? Because another encrypted state channel uses AES 256 and EP is not present

racingfan360

The wav file doesn't open for me. It would also be good to have some raw audio recordings as well via DSD+ (pressing R key on/off when DSD+ is running to activate/deactivate)

RRR

Premium Subscriber
So how does one get AES for Mototrbo?

phantomcrow

Retired LE
The wav file doesn't open for me. It would also be good to have some raw audio recordings as well via DSD+ (pressing R key on/off when DSD+ is running to activate/deactivate)
I am still attempting to do this however, for whatever reasons, having a very difficult time. Also am trying Snooper where I can record the raw audio from the IP discriminator out put via 3.5 cable will keep you posted thank you

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Or by a DMR radio from Hytera or Anytone who will gladly let you have AES. Anytone added it to the 878 for free in their last firmware update.

phantomcrow... With DSD+ running just hit R to begin recording (I believe you will see <REC> at this point in the title bar). Let it run for a while to record some traffic, then upload it to a sharing site like SendSpace. You posted a screenshot of it working before so your setup seems sound. Just need a longer recording.

phantomcrow

Retired LE
Or by a DMR radio from Hytera or Anytone who will gladly let you have AES. Anytone added it to the 878 for free in their last firmware update.

phantomcrow... With DSD+ running just hit R to begin recording (I believe you will see <REC> at this point in the title bar). Let it run for a while to record some traffic, then upload it to a sharing site like SendSpace. You posted a screenshot of it working before so your setup seems sound. Just need a longer recording.
It seems to be recording static and the transmission. Ill try again thank you

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
That would be normal. Should be static between transmissions and digital noise during the transmission.

Status
Not open for further replies.