ISP "Ida" Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jping

Hey everyone; I'm looking for a list of ISP Ida (Incident) Codes. We hear them all the time, such as Ida 9004, which I have come to figure out is assist other agency. Does anyone have a list of these, or can we compile a list?

VASCAR2

The I-Ida codes are used to update the computer aided dispatch. All incidents are classified with a code for tracking purposes. I'm not sure if a list has ever been published. It's possible they could be obtained by a FOIA request.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I think most, if not all Ida (I) Codes are associated with the UCR Codes. I-Ida stands for Investigative followed by the UCR Code..."Ida 2410" would mean Investigating for Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol (UCR Code 2410 under the Illinois State Police Illinois Uniform Crime Reporting Program Offense Codes) for example.

VASCAR2

There are incident codes that have been assigned to various duties officers perform, there are fair codes, training codes, range codes, truck inspection codes, K-9 codes and even a code for air speed or road side safety checks. As previously posted some of the I- Ida (incident) codes are the same number as associated with IVC or Criminal code violations. I-Ida is the phonetic alphabet word so is commonly used with Incidents or Investigations.

Prior to using the current C-computer A-aided D-dispatch Il State Police used the T.I.P.S. System for tracking payroll/time utilization/activity. There were numerical codes such as 101 for rural patrol, 102 for interstate patrol, 106 for traffic stops and the 800 codes like 859 for wanted on warrant.

The radio procedures changed with the roll out of the Open CAD system and determination of TIPS. The Open CAD system was an off the shelf program the state purchased and was also utilized by Chicago PD. The TIPS system was a program the ISP had developed for the ISP specific needs back in the early 70's.

With the change to Open CAD there was more plain language and fewer number codes. Instead of going 211 for fuel the Officer advises equipment maintenance. Instead of going 101 the Trooper says Patrol other or FTO supervision or whatever his task.

jping

Is anyone familiar with the disposition code 7-N-Nora, or 7-Z-Zebra? I've recently started hearing these disposition codes being given out at the completion of traffic stops.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone familiar with the disposition code 7-N-Nora, or 7-Z-Zebra? I've recently started hearing these disposition codes being given out at the completion of traffic stops.

6N-Cell phone Citation (Talking)
6T-Cell Phone Citation (Texting)
6H- Cell Phone Citation (Headset Device)
7N-Cell Phone Warning (Talking)
7T-Cell Phone Warning (Texting)

Status
Not open for further replies.