ARCXT: Issue with ARC XT Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb0wao

Having an issue with ARC XT Pro and Win 10 - I had to replace my Win 8.2 laptop with a new one running Win 10. I can connect, upload, and download to a 996P2 and 325P2 scanner and everything will transfer both ways except the trunk frequencies for all systems! The TG's, Quick Keys, UID's, and conventional channels all upload/download just fine - but in each trunk system all of the frequencies show "0.00000". I even hand entered into the 996P2 the frequencies for a system, verified that it was locking onto the control channel, and then downloaded that into ARC XT Pro. Verified that the frequencies were displayed, saved the system, and then uploaded it to the 996P2. And it was back to having "0.00000" in the scanner.

I did this with 2 different computers running Win 10 - the new laptop and a small netbook tablet used to monitor the MOSWIN control channel. Both gave the same result - I wasn't able to transfer the trunk system frequencies. I did this with both scanners as well. I did take the 325P2 to work with me this morning and I have a Win 8 machine with ARC XT Pro loaded onto it - works fine!

It obviously isn't a cable issue as the scanners connect and transfer all of the other data. I am stumped here.........

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
What is the firmware version in the 996P2? The new ARC 2.1 supports the new firmware 1.07 but this may cause issues when using firmware 1.06 or older since the format of misc. remote commands changed.

Gommert
Butel Software

wb0wao

That's probably it - I haven't done the FW update as I wasn't interested in the DMR/Provoice "upgrade". Will check that out - Thanx!

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
ARC XT PRO has issues!

I am running Windows 7. Up until last night, not a single issue with reading / writing to my scanners. I downloaded the latest version : 2.1 build 3. It read my BCT15X but when you look at the channels ALL the pl / dpl tones show up blank as in non existing as if I never put any tones in any channel at all. I did not realize this until I wrote back to the scanner and noticed all tones GONE on the display. I sent Butel an email last night. That is the weirdest thing I have ever seen. If your software tells you there is a new Pro version available, stay with what you have. Fortunately I keep an older Panasonic Toughbook with Windows XP and all the programming software as a back up. I was able to read a good 15X and copy that over to the one with the issue. All is normal now.

Manny

Last edited:

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
I am running Windows 7. Up until last night, not a single issue with reading / writing to my scanners. I downloaded the latest version : 2.1 build 3. It read my BCT15X but when you look at the channels ALL the pl / dpl tones show up blank as in non existing as if I never put any tones in any channel at all. I did not realize this until I wrote back to the scanner and noticed all tones GONE on the display. I sent Butel an email last night. That is the weirdest thing I have ever seen. If your software tells you there is a new Pro version available, stay with what you have. Fortunately I keep an older Panasonic Toughbook with Windows XP and all the programming software as a back up. I was able to read a good 15X and copy that over to the one with the issue. All is normal now.

Manny

Im having the same issues

KJ6YZE

Premium Subscriber
I had the same issue with the recent update. Im running a 996P2. Everything uploaded just fine but when I went to scan, none of the trunk freqs were there. After trying different things, I was not able to figure out the problem. I uninstalled the updated version and reinstalled the ARC-XT build 2.0. Solved my problems.

Never considered the firmware in the scanner. Ill look into that next.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Update the 996P2 to 1.07 and then the trunk upload will work fine. I am looking into the subtone issue but sofar I can't duplicate the issue.

Gommert
Butel Software

Hopefully this screenshot will help you understand. After downloading from the scanner, this is what the screen shows: All tones GONE.

Last edited:

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
Hopefully this screenshot will help you understand. After downloading from the scanner, this is what the screen shows: All tones GONE.

You might wanna check yours but when I download from my scanner the tones are gone on the software but if i go ahead and send it back to the scanner the tones never go away except on the computer

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
You might wanna check yours but when I download from my scanner the tones are gone on the software but if i go ahead and send it back to the scanner the tones never go away except on the computer

Nope! If you read my first post above ( #4 ), I unfortunately did not have that luck. I had to go to a back up computer to get everything back to normal.

Manny

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
Nope! If you read my first post above ( #4 ), I unfortunately did not have that luck. I had to go to a back up computer to get everything back to normal.

Manny

Im sorry I didn''t understand your post. I guess my software is working different than yours!

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Im using a BCT15x

Yes, I am also using the BCT15X. The strange thing is I have been using the previous software version for a long time on all 4 of my 15X scanners without a single problem. Something must have been either changed or left out of this new version.

Manny

Status
Not open for further replies.