JetBlue BOS switching to Trunked system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
Was looking through the FCC database and happened to come across a application that JetBlue at BOS plans in switching from a conventional radio system over to a new trunked radio system. This will allow them more capacity since their old radio system was getting crowded and people were stepping all over each other. Since JetBlue is big into Kenwood radios most likely it will be a NXDN system.

ULS Application - Industrial/Business Pool, Trunked - 0006458812 - JETBLUE AIRWAYS

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
From the FCC ULS Application:
Emission Designator 11K2F3E = narrow band FM analog.
Emission Designator 7K60FXD = MotoTrbo data
Emission Designator 7K60FXE = MotoTrbo voice

If it was NexEdge/NXDN/IDAS, it would be 4K00F1x for 6.25KHz channels or 8K30F1x for 12.5KHz channels.

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
From the FCC ULS Application:
Emission Designator 11K2F3E = narrow band FM analog.
Emission Designator 7K60FXD = MotoTrbo data
Emission Designator 7K60FXE = MotoTrbo voice

If it was NexEdge/NXDN/IDAS, it would be 4K00F1x for 6.25KHz channels or 8K30F1x for 12.5KHz channels.

The emission designators for MotoTrbo are correct however I found this in the wiki:

8K30F1D 12.5 kHz data NXDN (Wide IDAS, NEXEDGE)
8K30F1E 12.5 kHz voice NXDN (Wide IDAS, NEXEDGE)

So looks like they applied for both in their application.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
The emission designators for MotoTrbo are correct however I found this in the wiki:

8K30F1D 12.5 kHz data NXDN (Wide IDAS, NEXEDGE)
8K30F1E 12.5 kHz voice NXDN (Wide IDAS, NEXEDGE)

So looks like they applied for both in their application.

The NXDN emissions are shown as "delete" under "actions performed" on that license modification, so that means they specifically asked the FCC to remove the NXDN emission from their license. Kind of interesting that they went as far as to specifically remove the NXDN emission from the license. Usually the FCC doesn't care, and companies will leave the other designators on the license just in case they decide to use it later. I've got a NexEdge system that I've licensed for analog, wide NexEdge and narrow NexEdge, even though I only use the wide NexEdge for the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.