Just Ordered A SDS200 : What Are My Odds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackbelter

I purchased my SDS 200 last year . I am happy with its operation . None of the reported issues has effected my unit .

kudzu_kid

Emperor
Premium Subscriber
I purchased my SDS 200 last year . I am happy with its operation . None of the reported issues has effected my unit .
Yup, so far, so good... Internal speaker may leave a little to be desired though and the display (at default brightest setting) is fairly weak, especially in the car on a sunny day. Very capable unit though. I don't know if I can adjust any brighter (still) than the brightest default setting. Still learning the nuances of this beast! :ROFLMAO: :cool:

sadatoni

Premium Subscriber
I ended up getting an external speaker within a few days of receiving my SDS 200. Not the greatest external speaker I've ever had, but I like it better than the internal speaker. Internal was too bassy for me.

mc48

Premium Subscriber
In Sentinel, Edit profile>Display Options>Dimmers. Default set at 10,20 ,40% change as desired. This can also be changed in the scanner under Menu>Display>Backlight>Dimmers.

kudzu_kid

Emperor
Premium Subscriber
I ended up getting an external speaker within a few days of receiving my SDS 200. Not the greatest external speaker I've ever had, but I like it better than the internal speaker. Internal was too bassy for me.
Thanks... Yeah a bit bass and mine seems to easily distort. Not badly, just enough to be annoying, lol

Thanks for your note.

kudzu_kid

Emperor
Premium Subscriber
In Sentinel, Edit profile>Display Options>Dimmers. Default set at 10,20 ,40% change as desired. This can also be changed in the scanner under Menu>Display>Backlight>Dimmers.
Thanks for this! I suspected but wasn't positive this could be done. I greatly appreciate this. (y):cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.