Kansas roll call

gupie1

Premium Subscriber
I really need to get an external antenna to pickup more. It works great to pick up fire and PD here in hutch.

gupie1

Premium Subscriber
Redneck0410

How high off the ground do you have it mounted? My setup is in the basement and need to run coax up to wherever I mount my external. Just want to get an idea so I only have to mount it one time to get the best coverage.

Redneck0410

Mine is just sitting in my bedroom window on the second floor of an apartment building. It's not the most ideal setup, but for the local 800 stuff here, it works surprisingly well. All my windows face north, so it catches the tower at the KDOT yard with no problem. There really isn't much more traffic you would be able to pick up on the towers here than what you already are. I have every KSICS tower in the state programmed into my scanner and only rarely do I hear other traffic on these towers. Most of that comes from an officer's radio affiliating with the towers here. That is what drags traffic across the state. Most of that happens with an officer going to KLETC south of Yoder.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

WQZB703

I just recently received my GMRS call sign and live in west Wichita. Havnt purchased any equipment yet still deciding on that. Just from reading posts here many have recommended commercial equipment over others.

Cruiser306

Premium Subscriber
Hi all. I mostly listen to my local city police & fire, & Jefferson County. McLouth & Jefferson county recently started the switch over to P25 so I had to invest in a digital scanner. Got a Uniden HP2 & a BCD536HP.

danielhp89

Jewell County here, Kenwood Dealer, service most of NCK. If stuff in NCK is dropping off of your scanner it's because we are switching them to Kenwood NXDN.

KX0Z

Shawnee County here. I work in the 911 communications center. Been here 24 years. I have about 4 more to go and I'm out of here. Co-worker recently got my interest back up in scanning. I dont really listen to our system, as I talk on it every day.

KX0Z

Jason here from Hutchinson.

I've been using a BC200XLT since the early 90's. Just bought a PRO-106 to be ready when Hutch and Reno co. switch.

I listen to local public safety in addition to railroads and occasionally aircraft.

That was my 1st scanner, I spent hours and hours listening with that. I remember listening to the KTA when the Andover tornado came through. 49mhz cordless phones, baby monitors and Johnson county fire from here in Topeka.. I still have it, although the battery died long ago, and it doesn't always turn on when I get power to it..

PhillipV

Premium Subscriber
Mainly Leavenworth and Leavenworth county.
I mainly monitor Police, Fire, and Ham.
But have a lot of other stuff programed in. A lot of the same stuff as scannerprogramer by the look of it. :)

Whistler ws1065

N0YO

Hi all. I'm in Halstead, Harvey Co. KS. The name is Don and my ARS call is N0YO. I just ordered a Uniden SRS200 which I should receive Wednesday the 23rd. Haven't used a scanner since the analog days so all this is new to me. I'm sure I will have lots of questions.

73, Don N0YO

dgruver911

Hi all. I'm in Halstead, Harvey Co. KS. The name is Don and my ARS call is N0YO. I just ordered a Uniden SRS200 which I should receive Wednesday the 23rd. Haven't used a scanner since the analog days so all this is new to me. I'm sure I will have lots of questions.

73, Don N0YO

Welcome Don, from another Don in Harvey County! I manage the Harvey County system and can try to help you even though I'm not a big fan of Unidens and their programming structure. But there are a lot of people on here who are quite helpful.

Redneck0410

Welcome Don, from another Don in Harvey County! I manage the Harvey County system and can try to help you even though I'm not a big fan of Unidens and their programming structure. But there are a lot of people on here who are quite helpful.
I have the SDS200 and I do have the Harvey County channels programmed in on my scanner.

K9ZV

Premium Subscriber
I'm in Salina. Regularly listen to Saline, McPherson, Dickinson, Ottawa, Lincoln, Mitchell, and Ellsworth counties public service. Also KHP Troop B and KDOT DIV. 2. I use 7 scanners of various flavors and a Discone antenna up 40 ft. as well as mag mounts and rubber ducks.

Dean
K9ZV
Ex - WA0TKJ

kansaden

I’m in Montgomery County. Listen to local public safety on Action NXDN and KSICS. Montgomery mostly. Some Wilson and Labette. Chautauqua in Kansas and Washington (OK) when I’m mobile. Heard some dispatch from from Scott County (KS) SO a few days ago on the Independence tower and Marion County SO a couple weeks ago.

bchappuie

If a mobile from that county visited and registered on the Independence tower, you will then hear traffic if you monitor their talkgroups, or use wildcard. Somebody probably passed thru on 160 or 75, going somewhere.

peterjmag

I'm in beautiful downtown Wichita. Just moved back after a 3 year hiatus. I scan both the Sedgwick County system and the Wichita KSICS site. My favorites are Wichita/Sedgwick Fire and Wichita PD, EM state and local, NWS and ANG weather alerts, KHP and Turnpike activities. Glad to be back in Kansas. (y)