KCMO PD/FIRE MARRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
Nothing has changed on my end. KCPD has increased their use of encryption at times, but right now I'm hearing them and KCFD just fine. Are you trying to listen with your own scanner or by Internet feed?

hkrharry

Member - RR DB AdminMo/Ks
Database Admin
Your Sentinel should have all the CC in it anyway when was the last time you updated?

I have heard more #encryption on the KCMO Metro and East zones in the last couple of months, they go in spurts seems like haha.

HH

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
I have heard more #encryption on the KCMO Metro and East zones in the last couple of months, they go in spurts seems like haha.

HH

KCPD North is encrypted about 75-80% of the time, and it isn't one of those cases where dispatch or one of the field units accidentally hits "the button" and "forgets" to turn it off. The whole department (and others) will be moving towards full encryption within the next year or two. It's been a topic of conversation at many MARC meetings. KCPD is in the process of purchasing new mobiles and portables. Once they receive the equipment, they will be converting from DES to AES. Most of the ADP agencies (Independence, KCK, Cass and Jackson County) are in the process of converting to AES.

Attachments

• MARC_MARRS_Committee_101519.pdf
    52.6 KB · Views: 19

hkrharry

Member - RR DB AdminMo/Ks
Database Admin
KCPD North is encrypted about 75-80% of the time, and it isn't one of those cases where dispatch or one of the field units accidentally hits "the button" and "forgets" to turn it off. The whole department (and others) will be moving towards full encryption within the next year or two. It's been a topic of conversation at many MARC meetings. KCPD is in the process of purchasing new mobiles and portables. Once they receive the equipment, they will be converting from DES to AES. Most of the ADP agencies (Independence, KCK, Cass and Jackson County) are in the process of converting to AES.

A very interesting document.

Thank You. PVPD730

Status
Not open for further replies.