• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood TK-730 Priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmitty0010

Feed Provider
Wondering how I can edit my Priority members in my scan list. In the programming software i've selected "Operator Selectable". Is there a way to select and edit your Priority via the control head? I know to delete/add a scan list member you have to hold "SCN and D/A". Didn't know if there was a button you have to press and hold for the priority members.

thanks for any help.

bhamfd19

can you set your priority to selectable so then what ever channle you hit scan from will be you pirority. operator selectable depends on how you radio is set up, my dept radio is set up with it and i have to hold down the scan key.

vorndamr

Scanning

There are 3 settings. Fixed - which means you tell the sotware what channel you always want to be the 1st prioirty channem. Nest is Operable select - this means what ever channel you set it on before you start you scan is priority. Then there is 2nd priority which works the same as the 1st one. Rod

nmunger

Scan list delete not working for me

I tried holding scan and D/A to remove a channel from my scan list and it doesn't work.

What's the correct way to do this? I have a noisy channel that I don't want to scan for.

Thanks!

Nick

HummerMike

Hit the scan button to take out of scan. go to the channel you want to delete from the list. Hold the scan button in while you hit the D/A button. You should see a little vertical tick appear and dissapear. If it is on, it's in the scan list. Off, not in scan.

nmunger

Works. I had to press the red button on the panel first to show the group and channel number, then scan and D/A took it off the scan list.

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.