King George !

Status
Not open for further replies.

TERRANCE_2

I Live In Indian Head Md And Want To Pick Up King George. I Have A Pro-2096 With A Vech. Mount Antenna That Is Being Used In The House. Maybe Someone Could Assist Me !

Samuel

You should be able to copy them just fine. I can hear them loud and clear from over here in Woodbridge. The frequencies in the RR database are up to date. If you have any other questions feel free

TERRANCE_2

Maybe .....

Maybe I Am Just Having Problems With The Whole "pl" Thing. When I Programed 159.090 In And Then Tryed To Program The 146. Whatever I Could Not Hear Them..... Im A Little Lost !

W4UVV

more

Samuel said:
You should be able to copy them just fine. I can hear them loud and clear from over here in Woodbridge. The frequencies in the RR database are up to date. If you have any other questions feel free

Although not licensed in the FCC database the King George Co. Sheriff's Office also is on 154.8000 mhz., repeater, no pl.

Samuel

The PL is 146.2 for 159.090 but if that causes you not to be able to hear them then you can always just program them in without it. They have a very strong signal and you shouldnt have any difficulty in hearing them. I am using a 2096 to listen to them right now. Keep in mind the 2096 refers to PL as "CT". Are you using any software to program the radio? IF not, after pressing mode till you see CT, press pgm, func, mode...then you should be able to enter the tone.

Last edited:

TERRANCE_2

well...

I havent had luck I am still getting them very scratchy. I even took the antenna back to the radio shack and they tested it on another scanner. Maybe its just where I am @. But I dont understand people are further away then I am and they can pick them up. Maybe they are just not ment for me to hear. Oh Well !

TPKeller2

Are you in Indian Head proper? From the Google terrain map of the area, it looks like you might be on the north slope of the river plain, which could put you in a signal shadow from a transmitter to your south. I can pick up KG weakly in Fredericksburg, which appears to be the same distance, using the factory antenna on my PSR-300.

Theron

fredva

Feed Provider
I live in Spotsylvania. I estimate that I'm about 16 miles from King George's dispatch center as the crow files, and their signal is pretty weak here. I just have an indoor telescoping antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.