KMA371

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone heard from KMA371 lately? Looks like he hasn't posted in over 3 weeks, which is unusual. Just checking to make sure he is code 4. I don't know him personally- just as an active admin and poster to RR.

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber
Looks like he "shut the door". Removed his avatar and turned his member description to QRT. I wonder if he'll be back under a different username?

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info. I've noticed that updates to California databases have been slow since he left us. He was always updating existing systems and searching for new ones.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks for the info. I've noticed that updates to California databases have been slow since he left us. He was always updating existing systems and searching for new ones.

Bill was a helluva admin for that area (and a global admin too). He was constantly up and down the state, laptop and DSDPLus in tow wherever he went. Not only did he do a heck of a job managing ticket submissions, working with submitters, and massaging the DB, but he discovered and added copious amounts of data to the database from his own observations as well. He was a super sleuth (and still is), and an all round great guy. It wouldn't surprise me if Bill and his sleuthing efforts continue to benefit RR going forward, even if one might not know the data came from him. I wish him the very best going forward.

Mike

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
I applied to be a DB admin for the area up here (Sacramento region), but the process seemed to drop off about a year ago. I'd be happy filling in the coverage gaps up in my area that Bill typically covered. I'm always traveling and searching for new systems. Always have my laptop with SDR dongles with me! :D

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber
Bill was a helluva admin for that area (and a global admin too). He was constantly up and down the state, laptop and DSDPLus in tow wherever he went. Not only did he do a heck of a job managing ticket submissions, working with submitters, and massaging the DB, but he discovered and added copious amounts of data to the database from his own observations as well. He was a super sleuth (and still is), and an all round great guy. It wouldn't surprise me if Bill and his sleuthing efforts continue to benefit RR going forward, even if one might not know the data came from him. I wish him the very best going forward.

Mike

I totally understand what it feels like to lose a talented admin. The thread below provides an excellent example of one of the great guys who really understood what they were doing and how they could patiently explain it to others.

It is obvious that not everyone possesses those skills. The site is worse off without those great guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.