KSIS Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

compubandit

Lee,

What tower did you hear it on? I checked mine earlier today and the radio maint. guys were down in the area working. They have some numbers that low otherwise it was most probably DOT. They seem to have the 100s and KHP the 300s. I recorded K866 talking to K852 yesterday afternoon. They were going to Pittsburg. I looked up those numbers and they appear to fall in the range of ABC. I figured since yesterday was the 1st day back to school for most colleges, they were down working the bars. I am in Erie and can only receive West Mineral, Buffalo, and Xenia from here. What scanner are you using?

compubandit

Lee,

I checked what I have on my scanner. 00177 seemed to be DOT trucks working around Pittsburg. I blocked them after I had an idea of what it was. I have heard radio maint. on 1,2,3 and today on 181. The TGID that I heard yesterday with K866 and 852 was on 00796 on the Buffalo tower. They were on it again today. One said he picked up a lot of evidence in Erie and everyone seemed to be headed to Chanute to meet at Troop H. So I am not sure if it was ABC or maybe KBI. At any rate, there was something new in the area!

I am running ARC996Pro Beta to control, record, and monitor my 996T. I set it up to monitor and record everything while I am gone. It is nice to come home and listen to what happened earlier in the day. Although the Beta version seems to shut down on it's own and sometimes makes my computer freeze up. Hopefully they will work that bug out soon!

Hope this helps!

LeeBarnes

Alright, cool. Thanks for the info. I live down here in Parsons and have a BC796D. I heard it on the West Mineral tower. I don't have any other towers programmed in. Parhaps I should try some others?

compubandit

You might be able to get the Independence tower. I know I was able to pick it up out at the rest area on 169 at 400. I use the Max Systems 800 Antenna with a right angle BNC adapter. It picks up just as good on 800 as my outside antenna that is 30 feet up on the roof. I bought low loss cable and it still sucks on 800... go figure.

LeeBarnes

Okay, well i plugged in for what is listed for the Indy tower and according to the radio, i'm not receiving anything from a control channel.

something interesting though, while i was there, i found that the control channel that is active for what i have as west mineral is not even listed for west mineral. i have 867.6375, which goes against the listed control channel of 866.9000.

???

compubandit

Lee,

Try these for Buffalo 866.4250 866.7375 867.0625 867.2625 867.3875 867.6750 868.3750 868.4000 868.6750 868.8625

Try these for Independence 866.6000 867.2000 867.3125 867.6000 867.6125 867.9375 868.1875 868.6500

And these for West Mineral 866.9000 867.2375 867.6375 867.9000 868.2500 868.5000 868.5875 868.9250

You might be able to get the Buffalo tower also. I can in my van with a Radio Shack mobile glass mount antenna.

compubandit

Mike,

I was looking at the following guide and thought that it would be ABC based on it. I try to stay away from the KBI guys ;-)

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&action=codes&code_id=344

Any talk on the shooting up your way last night? I just about hit the floor when I heard that the guy was conscious and talking... then said that he didn't shoot himself. WOW! Missed the news at six but will be glued to it at ten!

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
LeeBarnes said:
Okay, well i plugged in for what is listed for the Indy tower and according to the radio, i'm not receiving anything from a control channel.

something interesting though, while i was there, i found that the control channel that is active for what i have as west mineral is not even listed for west mineral. i have 867.6375, which goes against the listed control channel of 866.9000.

???

With the frequency shifting that is going on right now across the state with the KSIS TRS, any updates that you or anyone can provide, will be greatly appreciated. This is especially true of primary and secondary control channels.

73's

Ron

Last edited:

compubandit

Control Channels

Ron,

I screen printed this page of the Pro96Com for each tower. Will this help any on determining primary and secondary controls? I see where there is code for each channel but I don't know what the code stands for... Let me know if you want these also.

Last edited:

compubandit

mustang108 said:
K866 and K852 are Kansdas Bureau of Inv. agents

Mike,

Heard this talk group again today. They were talking about Pam leaving a message that the Monkey Butt Salon reopened as a 3.2 bar.

I will continue to monitor and see if they discuss this issue any more.

mustang108

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, you are right , believe these are ABC guys.....they come into Chanute and try and bust enyone selling to under age patrons,

Another question, with all the frequency changes taking place on 800mhz, does all the handhelds and car radios have to be reporgrammed you think ???
just wondering...

mustang 108

KAA951

Premium Subscriber
mustang108 said:
Another question, with all the frequency changes taking place on 800mhz, does all the handhelds and car radios have to be reporgrammed you think ???
just wondering...

All the 800 radios will need re-programming and in the case of some of the older or lower end radios they will have to be replaced as they don't have the hardware to accept the new frequency ranges. Sprint-Nextel is supposed to be paying all costs of reconfiguring public safety in return for the frequency width they are gaining.

compubandit

So I just heard the ABC guys talking and one said that he was on I-44 headed south and had lost sight of the contact. They said earlier today that one guy was over in Missouri and they might all head over there and help him. So is ABC a national outfit or just Kansas? Or are they like the FBI and Marshall Service with Field offices in each state?

They were talking about the radio system and giving someone a walkie talkie so they could all be on ABC private. So maybe talkgroup 00796 is ABC private... will continue to monitor. It sounds like they are working a special project that must be completed in a couple of weeks. Is anyone else picking up this talk group? They seem to be West Mineral and Buffalo towers.

mikey60

compubandit said:
Ron,

I screen printed this page of the Pro96Com for each tower. Will this help any on determining primary and secondary controls? I see where there is code for each channel but I don't know what the code stands for... Let me know if you want these also.

On the program screen there is a button titled "View Usage Code Descriptions" Clicking on that will bring up a list of those letter codes..

In your example, for tower #104, The current Control channel (c) is 867.600, Alternate control channels (a) are 867.9375 and 868.6500.

Mike

KAA951

Premium Subscriber
compubandit said:
So I just heard the ABC guys talking and one said that he was on I-44 headed south and had lost sight of the contact. They said earlier today that one guy was over in Missouri and they might all head over there and help him. So is ABC a national outfit or just Kansas? Or are they like the FBI and Marshall Service with Field offices in each state?

They were talking about the radio system and giving someone a walkie talkie so they could all be on ABC private. So maybe talkgroup 00796 is ABC private... will continue to monitor. It sounds like they are working a special project that must be completed in a couple of weeks. Is anyone else picking up this talk group? They seem to be West Mineral and Buffalo towers.

ABC (Alcohol Beverage Control) is the law enforcement division of the Kansas Department of Revenue. Despite the name they also enforce tobacco laws and work closely with other agencies on drug cases in serving drug tax warrants. They are particularly concerned with liquor and tobacco products being brought into Kansas that don't have Kansas tax stamps on them. A few years ago they siezed semi-trucks of gasoline that were being brought into Kansas from Nebraska and sold on the indian reservations without paying state taxes. I am sure that they work closely with US Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) agents and surrounding state revenue agents. Anyone still running a still on their back 40???

http://www.ksrevenue.org/abc.htm

Last edited:

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
If anyone is interested, send me your e-mail addresses via PM, and I will give you some updated information.

73's

Ron

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.